Postdoctoral Research Associate
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Pharmaceutical Sciences - 301400
The Stem Cell & Regenerative Medicine Lab directed by Dr. Yu-Chieh (Jack) Wang is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join our young and energetic team. This postdoctoral position is immediately available.
In the Wang lab, our primary focus is to understand how protein glycosylation is involved in cell fate decision and the physiopathological development of human cells. Using an integrated approach including human pluripotent stem cell, organoid formation, gene editing, cancer biology, pharmacology and systems biology techniques, we are studying 1) cerebral developmental defects and 2) melanoma progression caused by the dysregulated protein glycosylation. In addition, we have strong interest in developing pharmacological tools that target specific glycosyltransferases for glycobiology research and clinical applications.
Lab website: http://www.ycwanglabunthsc.org/
The Pharmaceutical Sciences Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Postdoctoral Research Assoc. to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Planning, performing and documenting experiments.
* Collection, analysis and critical interpretation of research results.
* Preparation of periodic progress reports and publications.
* Coordination of the project with other team members and cooperation partners.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Appropriate doctoral degree. If the degree had not been conferred at the time applicant applied for a postdoc position, a letter needs to be attached from the school's official Graduate Office and/or Registrar's Office certifying that all requirements for the degree have been met and stating the degree conferral date.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Highly motivated candidates with recent doctoral degrees in stem cell biology, molecular biology, genetics, glycobiology or relevant fields are encouraged to apply.
* Experience and expertise in cell and molecular biology (human pluripotent stem cell culture, CRISPR/Cas9-mediated gene editing, gene cloning), glycobiology and/or neurodevelopmental biology is highly desired.
* Having experience in computational analysis for a large data set (e.g., RNAseq or gene expression array data) is a big plus but not required.
* Candidates should have a demonstrated ability to successfully spearhead research projects as evidenced by first-author, high-quality research publications.
* Independent thinking.
* Excellent communication in writing and speaking.
* Strong skills in data organization.
* Great attention to details and an ability to excel in a team-oriented environment are essential.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
* This position requires a strong commitment to the projects and certain flexibility to work irregular hours (e.g., evenings and weekends), but it offers the opportunity to work on cutting-edge research in an intellectually stimulating environment using state-of-the-art facilities.
* Traveling to different states for performing experiments in research collaborators' labs may be needed occasionally.
* A competitive salary and benefit package will be provided to the successful candidate.
* Interested applicants should send their cover letters and CVs with the contact information of three professional references to Dr. Yu-Chieh Wang at [email protected]
Commensurate with experience
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Postdoctoral Research Assoc.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled