Family Medicine - 300690
UNTHealth has a mission to serve the people of Texas, advance the health of communities and support the mission of UNT Health Science Center:
* Through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare services to a diverse population.
* By advancing medical knowledge with participation in research.
* By actively participating in the education of current and future healthcare providers.
* Through collaboration with communities to improve access of healthcare for all people.
The vision of UNTHealth is: "To be the healthcare provider of choice"
The University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire an LVN to join their team at the Family Medicine Department. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Performs triage on telephones.
* Returns patient calls according to policy and documents all patient call encounters.
* Assist physicians during clinical visit.
* Completes physician orders on a daily basis without error.
* Verifies lab, x-ray and other reports.
* Refills prescriptions with physicians guidance.
* May obtain blood and/or other specimens for lab test, give injections when requested.
* Accurately calculates dosage injectable medications.
* Possesses the ability to work as a team member and has the ability to maintain a positive attitude, cohesive work environment, and enthusiasm to assist in performing quality delivery of healthcare.
* Adapts to procedures for individual/clinic needs without jeopardizing patient safety and quality of care.
* Maintains good, positive working relationship with physicians and staff members.
* Follows all departmental and organizational policies and procedures with regard to patient safety, quality management, infection control, and human resources.
* Completes patient forms as necessary utilizing the Electronic Medical Record.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
* Two years of related experience.
* A valid Texas LVN License.
* A current CPR (BLS) certificate.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application
Commensurate with experience
Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
If required, please list all certifications required for this position.
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled