Facilities Planning Project Manager
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The Office of Campus Planning within the Office of Facilities Management at the University at Albany is seeking a full-time Facilities Planning Project Manager. The successful candidate will work as part of a team of Facilities Planning professionals in a fast-paced university environment.
The successful candidate will perform duties which include in-house and outsourced master planning; site planning; building and space planning and management; visioning; architectural space programming; concept and schematic design; project estimating; scheduling; sketching; providing space utilization and needs analysis; developing facilities space standards and guidelines; developing and presenting facilities reports for approval by senior management and attending or leading project planning coordination meetings.
Working closely and effectively with the University community, which includes both on-campus and off-campus stakeholders, will be a significant responsibility for the successful candidate. This requires frequent oral and written communication to ensure coordination of all activities. This position involves serving on select campus committees.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Facilities and/or Urban Planning, or Engineering from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization
- A minimum of five years of team-based professional experience (not self-employed) in architectural facilities & space visioning, programming, concept design, and estimating & scheduling
- Must be able to present portfolio demonstrating current writing, sketching and drawing communication skills using MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD 14 or more recent version(s), and Sketch Up software
- Experience managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Applicant must address in their application their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Master's degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Facilities and/or Urban Planning, or Engineering from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Applicable professional license/accreditation (e.g. R.A.)
- Facilities planning project management experience in a large college or university setting
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Senior Staff Assistant, SL-3
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via https://albany.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=95180
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (referencing the posting number listed)
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three professional references originating from the years of team-based professional facilities planning project management experience
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
Closing date for receipt of applications: April 16, 2018
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/jf5r27x82bq9r8mc