Part-Time, Lean Six Sigma Instructors
Job ID 601479
Location Green Bay
NWTC is seeking to build a pool of part-time instructors/trainers. Part-Time Instructors are an integral part of the College's staff, helping us provide all learners with the highest quality learning opportunities when, where and how they want it.
Upon successful submission of your application, you will be considered for future opportunities. NWTC will keep your application in our files as a POTENTIAL candidate who could possibly fill a position when or if the need arises.
LOCATION: Green Bay, WI
HOURS: NWTC is looking for a pool of individuals to draw upon as needed; class times will vary.
SALARY: $50.00 per class hour contracted with flexibility based on experience
POSITION REPORTS TO: Manager, Corporate Training & Economic Development
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
E-mail address: email@example.com
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
NWTC is seeking Lean Six Sigma Part-Time Instructors to deliver high impact training and technical assistance to area businesses. Responsibilities include:
- Identify and prioritize areas and processes to apply improvement strategies based on business needs.
- Determine the appropriate Lean tools, techniques, methodologies and timing of improvement activity to business objectives.
- Plan, prepare, and execute continuous improvement strategies through facilitating classes, technical assistance, or individual coaching.
- Develop customized participant training materials, active learning activities and events.
- Work closely with company leadership to develop key performance measurements and reporting systems.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to apply advanced Lean principals (Value Stream mapping, 5S, Standard Work, Cellular Flow, Pull Replenishment, Demand and Production Smoothing, Mistake Proofing, Total Productive Maintenance) to process improvement.
- Ability to apply advanced Six Sigma Principles (DMAIC Approach, SIPOC, Process Capability, Root Cause Analysis, Normal and Non-Normal data Statistical Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Design of Experiments) to process improvement.
- Coaching teams, train Black Belts and Green Belts, through Lean Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing projects.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Master's Preferred
- Experience leading teams or programs in the following functions: Supply Chain Management, Process Improvement, Engineering, Research & Development, Business Strategy, Order Management, Pricing, Manufacturing, Risk Management, Logistics, Supply Chain, Accounting, or Financial Modeling.
- Practical experience with Six Sigma Principals
- Minimum 3 years practical experience with Lean Manufacturing, process improvement and operations
- Minimum 2 years work experience using statistical analysis preferred
- Preferred job titles may include, but are not limited to:
- Continuous Improvement Manager
- Lean Six Sigma Consultant
- Supply Chain Management Manager,
- Quality Control Manager
- Minimum 2 years of training/facilitating experience
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt required
- Must hold a valid driver's license and be insurable under the District's standard insurance policy terms.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the instructor will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, videos, overhead projects, and general tools of the trade. The employee will be constantly required to sit, talk, hear, and type/write. The employee will be frequently required to stand, walk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Some instructor positions may be exposed to outdoors, fumes, noises, extreme temperatures, confined spaces and heights. Some instructor positions require driving a vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, sharpness of vision, and field of vision.
All application materials are only accepted online: resumes, cover letters, transcripts, etc., must be attached to the application at the time of submission. You are unable to go back after an application is submitted to add, delete or change any information, other than address, phone number, and e-mail.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.