Faculty, Part-time - Management
Job no: 492530
Position Type: Faculty Part Time/Adjunct
Benefit Status: Non-Benefited - Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Applications Open: Aug 10 2017
Applications Close: Open until filled
The Management department at the Robert J. Manning School of Business, University of Massachusetts Lowell is seeking applications for the position of Adjunct Instructor to teach online and in-class beginning in the Spring 2018 semester. The department, which is one of the largest in the Manning School, is building its faculty teaching capacity to deepen support for instructional activities in its day and evening degree programs. The Business School has over 2,800 undergraduate and graduate students and is accredited by the AACSB-International.
Opportunities are available at both the undergraduate and Master's degree levels. Specific fields of specialization include:
- Managing Organizational Change
- Managerial Leadership
- Quality Management/Lean 6-Sigma
- Project Management
- Human Resources Management
- Strategic Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Business Ethics
- International Business
- International Management
- Master's degree in the appropriate field
- Five or more years of current or recent industrial, corporate or new venture experience in the field(s) of instructional interest
- College-level teaching experience
- Evidence of high quality teaching
- Experience using the Blackboard Learn online course platform
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to speak and write English clearly
- Ability to work effectively with students, faculty and diverse populations
- If interest is in online teaching, residing within driving distance to the Lowell campus (but not essential)
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a CV and a cover letter detailing teaching interests, professional background and experience, and instructional philosophy. **If available, please submit evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g., student course evaluations, department Chair reviews, teaching awards, student testimonials)
**This will continue to be an ongoing posting to develop a pool of applicants for openings as they arise. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Salary is competitive. Positions are non-benefited and contingent upon funding.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.