Full-time Faculty Mental Health/Medical Surgical Nursing
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Full-time Faculty Mental Health/Medical Surgical Nursing
Job Description Summary
Montgomery College, TP/SS Campus is seeking two (2) Mental Health/Medical Surgical Nursing Full Time Faculty in the Nursing Department beginning August 2018 for the Fall semester. We are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated professors who exhibit a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrate the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner. This position is part of a collective bargaining unit and requires payment of dues or a service fee.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff and MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.
Montgomery College (MC) has been dedicated to changing student lives for more than 70 years. Chartered by the state of Maryland and governed by a 10-member Board of Trustees, the college is one of Maryland's oldest, largest, and most highly regarded community colleges. The college enjoys both local and national recognition and prides itself on the quality of its programs and the diversity of its student body. Montgomery College is one of the most diverse community colleges in the nation. The Nursing Program is comparable in diversity to the college and community.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Course assignments are made based on program needs and faculty may be expected to develop competency in other areas of nursing
- Teach 30 semester hours per academic year of courses related to Nursing
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include day, night, early morning, weekend and/or accelerated sections, or possibly be asked to teach on another campus if needed. Opportunities may exist for teaching summer classes.
- Serve on, or lead, department, discipline, campus and college committees, and advise students
- Maintain an active program of professional development and participate in professional organizations and activities
- Relevant activities include, but are not limited to:
- Safely transfer patients in and out of bed
- Safely ambulate patients
- Turn and position patients as needed to prevent complications due to bed rest
- Hang intravenous bags at the appropriate level
- Accurately read the volumes in body fluid collection devices hung below bed level
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Master's degree or higher in Nursing
- Maryland and District of Columbia Registered Nurse unencumbered license or eligibility to obtain
- A minimum of 2 years bedside nursing experience in acute care settings
- Recent experience (within the last 2 years) in mental health and/or medical-surgical nursing
- Computer literacy in all of the following programs is required:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Additional Requirements at the time of employment:
- Requires documentation of immunizations and/or immunity for Measles, Mumps, & Rubella (MMR); Varicella; Tetanus, Diphtheria & Acellular Pertussis (Tdap); and Hepatitis B; annual clearance for tuberculosis; seasonal influenza immunization. Other health requirements may be needed by specific health care agencies for clinical experiences. Documentation required of current healthcare provider level of CPR-BLS. Criminal background clearance and drug/alcohol testing may be required for clinical experiences.
- Previous didactic and clinical teaching experience.
- College level teaching experience
- Ability to integrate technology into course delivery.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Experience working with students of culturally diverse backgrounds
- Experience supporting underprepared students.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- Online applications must be received by May 4, 2018
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Friday, May 4, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
About UsI am proud of the work of Montgomery College. It is a remarkable organization, focused on student excellence, equity, and inclusion. We are intentionally building a college that takes responsibility for equitable outcomes and successful pathways for all of our students.
I am committed to hiring faculty, staff, and employees who embrace this vision-and who reflect the diversity of our college community. Our students come to us from more than 160 countries, joining a student body that reflects a changing America, rich in cultural and geographic difference. We are proud of our diversity and our excellence in academic affairs, student affairs, operations, and community advancement.
I am looking for bold, innovative, and courageous faculty and staff to join the outstanding employees of Montgomery College. Are you uncompromising in your focus on student success? Are you rigorous in your attention to equitable outcomes for all students? Do you embrace data, technology, and innovation? Can you stretch to meet the needs of today's and tomorrow's students?
We are truly a unique college. For 70 years, Montgomery College has been on the leading edge, and we intend to stay there. We believe deeply in the mission of community colleges, and we are committed to empowering our students to change their lives and to enrich the life of the community. We hold ourselves accountable for the results.
If any of this resonates with you, I welcome your consideration of the employment announcement below. Make your move-and I look forward to working with you at Montgomery College.
DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D.
President, Montgomery College
Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus