Requisition # 2018-8599
Department Lewis Center, Creative Writing
Category Administrative Support
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Lewis Center for the Arts' Program in Creative Writing is seeking a dynamic and supportive Program Associate to work closely with the Faculty Director, Lewis Center Executive Director, and additional colleagues to provide administrative support to the extraordinary poets and writers on faculty at Princeton University. This individual serves as the central point of contact for faculty, students, staff, and visitors while overseeing the day to day operations of the Creative Writing program. The Program Associate works within the academic context as a liaison with the field of contemporary literature and is a key contact for visitors including world-class poets, novelists, and translators. The Program Associate is the lead support for two reading series that bring in between 12 and 16 visiting writers annually and the main contact for all visiting faculty.
- Providing administrative support for the Director fo the Creative Writing Program and Executive Director of the Lewis Center for the Arts.
- Managing and coordinating the Althea Ward Clark Reading Series and CK Williams Reading Series as well as other events within the Program.
- Developing and coordinating all aspects of courses, course applications, and student enrollement.
- Coordinating and facilitating the Certificate Program.
- Providing administrative support to the Faculty.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- At least 2-3 years of related academic or administrative experience.
- Considerable experience working with writers or artists on event planning or producing.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to exercise discretion and independent judgement and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong familiarity with the fields of conemporary literary fiction and poetry preferred.
- Profeicient Computer skills required.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.