Project Manager II, Strategic Associate
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Division of Information Technology (it.gwu.edu) is the chief provider of technology infrastructure, services and applications at GW. The Division partners with stakeholders across GW to equip students, staff and faculty with the technology knowhow and tools necessary to achieve academic excellence. Reporting to the Director of IT Project and Portfolio Management, the Project Manager II, Strategic Associate works within the Division's Planning & Strategic Initiatives department.
The Project Manager II, Strategic Associate (PMSA) is responsible for supporting the development, nurturing, and leveraging of relationships between DIT and customer technology influencers from the medical and health arena of GWU within customer advisory programs as well as developing strategy that enhances and extends those relationships. In addition, this position will be responsible for:
• Identifying synergies across business areas for joint initiatives and opportunities in support of the needs of medical and health business customers, supports the building and maintaining of technology adoption roadmaps as the foundation of the vision and engagement plan with customers.
• Assisting in multiyear planning, analysis, and business process management efforts, identifying technology solutions that align to medical and health business strategy and goals.
• Examining client issues and opportunities and developing business cases or statements of work for proposed solutions.
• Bringing a strategic focus to business process management concepts and principles including the continuous improvement of core business processes.
• Facilitating in-take and resource management alignment of requests for assigned areas and working closely to ensure proposed solutions align with and advance architectural objectives.
• Leveraging both waterfall and agile project management methodologies.
• Preparing and maintaining an in-progress schedule of all assigned development and implementation projects. This includes breaking tasks down into manageable work packages to ensure smooth project delivery as well as developing plans and schedules for projects based on priorities assigned by management and the availability of business and technical resources for the projects.
• Maintaining issue, risk, and scope change requests as well as communication plans for projects and will draft and coordinate obtaining consensus for project charter and project definition documents.
• Providing recommendations on areas for process improvement to medical and health customers.
• The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
The position is based at GW's Virginia Science & Technology campus in Ashburn, VA but will require travel to the Foggy Bottom campus located in Washington, DC.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• A technical background which includes a track record of successfully leading technology evaluations and deployments
• Direct, demonstrable, and deep experience delivering technology to medical and health field customers a must.
• Experience in business process management, planning and project management
• Business Relationship Management experience
• Knowledge of higher education business processes
• Experience with using and enhancing enterprise project and portfolio management systems
• Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills
• A master's degree in computer science, related technical disciplines, or in Business Administration
• Project Management certification
• Experience utilizing agile methodologies (i.e. scum and Kanban)
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Ashburn, Virginia College/School/Department: Division of IT Family Information Technology Sub-Family IT Project Management Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday-Friday Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007016 Job Open Date: 02/16/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Does the professional experience section of your resume include months?
- * What is your expected salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter