Postdoctoral Scholar - Piomelli Laboratory
Open March 13th, 2018 through June 30th, 2018
Postdoctoral scholar positions are available in the Piomelli laboratory at the University of California Irvine. We are looking for outstanding candidates interested in the role of lipid signaling in the control of pain and inflammation. Our work in this area is focused on the molecular control and pharmacological modulation of novel lipid signaling pathways involved in the host defense process.
To learn more about this research program, please read:
UC Irvine is a world-class research university with highly ranked research programs in neuroscience and biological sciences. Our Southern California location is home to one of the largest academic research and biotechnology hubs in the US. Lab members enjoy direct access to this outstanding community of neuroscientists and clinicians as well as the wide range of recreational activities available in our region.
Requirements: Competitive applicants will have at least one high-quality, first-author publication. The successful candidate(s) will have a Ph.D. with established expertise in either of two areas:
- Molecular and cellular biology. Candidates with hands-on knowledge of immunostaining and cellular imaging techniques are especially encouraged to apply.
- In vivo animal models of pain and inflammation. Candidates with experience in model of spontaneous pain are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply: Please visit the UC Irvine RECRUIT website located at:
Applicants should complete an online application profile and upload the following materials:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for 2-3 references
- Research Statement - describe prior experience, future goals, and address how you think you can contribute to the overall research direction of the Piomelli laboratory
To learn more about the position, feel free to email me directly at email@example.com
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement. (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
2-3 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now