Testing Center Manager
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Southwestern Michigan College, a two-year college located approximately 30 minutes north of South Bend, Indiana, and approximately 30 minutes from Lake Michigan’s eastern shore is seeking a Testing Center Manager, who is dedicated, enthusiastic, and reliable.
The Testing Center Manager is responsible for the organization, operation, and administration of the Testing Center at Southwestern Michigan College. The Testing Center Manager reports to the Vice President of Student Services.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Collaborate with faculty and staff to expand services of the Testing Center in order to meet the ever-changing needs of students, faculty and staff.
• Work with the disability services and faculty to ensure students’ testing needs are met.
• Maintain testing standards set by National College Testing Associations Professional Standards and Guidelines.
• Deliver, monitor, and execute testing to the area high schools for purposes of providing pre-college admissions services to high school seniors.
• Deliver and expand high stakes exams, including annual certifications.
• Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate testing assistants.
• Manage the testing center budget.
• Monitor and update web pages.
• Enter testing data into the Banner system, maintaining student privacy and security.
• Develop reports for enrollment management.
• Maintain and update databases for examinations administered.
• Perform other duties assigned by the Vice President of Student Services.
• Master’s degree in academic advising, higher education administration, counseling, social work, student personnel, or a related area is required.
• 3+ years of relative experience
• Data systems including but not limited to. Banner, Access, Excel, etc.
• Program assessment and evaluation in higher education.
• Assessment theory and practice.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to multi-task and perform duties with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, demanding environment with constant interruptions.
• Be able to complete duties, schedules and deadlines in a timely fashion by planning and organizing work.
• Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard as well as seeing to read and review materials for accuracy.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information with students, staff and public.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Posting Number 20110658
Job Category Staff
Reference Request Details
Accept References Yes
Minimum Requests 3
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's Degree or higher?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Inside Higher Ed
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- MI Talent
- MCCA Website
- The Ladders
- Indiana Career Connect
- Employee Referral
- SMC Website
- SMC Job Alert Email