Lecturer, Studio Art (Fall 2018)
Lecturer, Studio Art (Fall 2018)
Position Number: 53062418
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently searching for a Lecturer, Studio Art to teach all levels of Drawing and Painting courses as well as foundation courses (Drawing I, 2D/Color, and art appreciation).
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Lecturer will be responsible for teaching foundation courses (Drawing I, 2D/Color, and art appreciation), as well as all levels of Drawing and Painting courses on the Dahlonega campus and may be expected to teach on the Gainesville campus.
- The Lecturer will also conduct ongoing professional research and creative activities, be responsible for maintaining course and student records, take part in departmental faculty meetings.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The ideal candidate will be skilled in the following areas: all drawing and painting media.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- MFA in appropriate studio area, or comparable experience.
- Evidence of a minimum of two years successful teaching experience at the college or university level, and demonstrated commitment to working effectively with a diverse student population are required.
Anticipated Hire Date: 08/01/2018
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.