MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED
MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED
Division of Community Health
Certified Medical Assistant, Float position (CFM)
Perform routine administrative and patient care supportive duties in a community based medical practice to assist medical staff in the examination and treatment of patients and assist administrative staff with ensuring the office runs smoothly.
Administrative duties may include the following:
- Answering telephones and greeting patients
- Updating information for each patient in his/her medical record
- Entering completed patient registration packets in EPIC
- Scheduling appointments, collecting co-pays and other administrative duties as directed.
Clinic Duties may include the following:
- Taking medical histories and recording vital signs, explaining treatment procedures to patients and preparing patients for examinations and procedures
- Assisting the physician/advanced practice providers during the examination and procedures.
- Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens and performing basic point of care laboratory tests on the premises.
- Disposing of contaminated supplies. Promoting patient/family understanding of the educational content and his/her involvement in the plan of care, and documenting in patient record
- Preparing and administering medications as directed by a physician/ advance practice provider
- Authorizing drug refills as directed and telephoning prescriptions to a pharmacy
Performing other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the physician/ advance practice provider, nurse manager, associate medical director or health administrator.
MUST BE Fluent in English AND Spanish.
996 MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging.
Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Graduation from a Medical Assistant program accredited . High school or GED graduation required. Certification by AAMA or AMT required. Certification by AAMA preferred.
No experience required.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.