Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The full time Professional Research Assistant provides regulatory, study coordination, and data collection and entry support for the Clinical Research Support Team (CReST). CReST is part of Colorado Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute. CReST provides support to clinical investigators for all activities related to the successful conduct of clinical research, from study start-up through close out. This is the cornerstone to translate basic science knowledge into clinically useful treatment for patients.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Acts as primary contact for study sponsor representatives and study subjects for assigned research studies
- Assures adherence to all research standards as set forth by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP), University of Colorado Hospital, University of Colorado Denver (UCD), and other pertinent regulatory agencies.
- Collaborates with and relays timely information to investigators, study staff, and CReST Leadership
- Reviews protocol inclusion/exclusion criteria, and confirms study eligibility.
- Conducts the informed consent process, and insures that it is properly documented.
- Recruits prospective participants and conducts data collection visits for multiple clinical studies. Familiarizes potential participants with the details of the study through phone contacts and in-person interviews.
- Assures protocol compliance and completes necessary records.
- Accurately enters source data into Case Report Form (CRF) or study database in a timely manner. Reviews records after each visit for completeness and accuracy. Maintains participant research files
- Works with manager to coordinate scheduling of participants, track subject participation and participate in monitoring visits.
- Recognizes adverse events and serious events and promptly notifies appropriate parties.
- Assists with processing bills and/or answering billing questions related to procedures performed for participants enrolled in clinical studies
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
• Bachelor of Science or equivalent life sciences degree
• Previous clinical research experience
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Superior communication and organizational skills
• Epic EMR experience
• Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP) or Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) certification
• Bi-lingual (Spanish & English)
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 13004
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60120 - ADM-VCR CCTSI GenOps
Posting Date: Mar 23, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Mujeeb Zaidi
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00744631