ASAC Project Specialist
Academic Services Professional (Entry Level)
ASAC Project Specialist
Academic Success and Advising Center
Position # 00696637- Requisition # 13040
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Academic Success and Advising Center has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) ASAC Project Specialist position.
The University of Colorado Denver is a public research university serving more than 14,000 students. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges. In the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers-CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students-all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
Professionals at the entry level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the entry level, duties are limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals and are performed in a training and development capacity.
The Academic Success and Advising Center (ASAC) at the University of Colorado Denver works in coordination with the undergraduate schools and colleges to provide academic advising for the following student populations: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Pre-Architecture, Pre-Business, Pre-Engineering and Undeclared students, and College of Arts and Media freshmen and Undeclared. The center also serves transfer and prospective students.
ASAC specializes in serving first-generation, low-income and international students in their transition to and retention at the University. This full-time professional position embraces a philosophy of student development to foster academic and student success by working with student staff, a team of professional academic advisors, an advising assistant director, and a director to help maintain the ASAC office function and flow. The Project Specialist, under the supervision of the center director, is responsible for the daily delivery of services. The Project Specialist will assist with the implementation of enrichment and retention programs and is responsible for the maintenance of records on program services, evaluating program activities, budgetary tracking, and preparing written reports. Position has limited day-to-day contact with students.
- Provides administrative support for ASAC. Fields questions sent to ASAC office email account.
- Maintains current records on all program services, evaluates all activities, and prepares written reports.
- Conducts needs assessments of ASAC advisees regarding learning outcomes. Assists with coordination, implementation, and evaluation of learning enhancement activities and workshops.
- Provides training to and evaluation of office support staff.
- Periodic supervision of student staff. Assumes the duties normally performed by student staff in the absence of student staff.
- Maintains time collection and budgetary records in accordance with University standards.
- Assists with and coordination of orientation activities and campus-wide outreach activities.
- Advances ASAC visibility and communication by utilizing various forms of media to connect with the office's student population.
- Represents ASAC at various university and community meetings and functions and participates on college-wide committees.
- Develops good working relationships with academic faculty and department heads.
- Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $34,106 to $40,500 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Vision, Life and Wellness
- Retirement: 10% Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Benefit
- ECO Pass
Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in education, business, public administration, social science, liberal arts, communications, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Budget experience.
- 2 years of professional level experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience working with traditionally underserved student populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively present and communicate policy and procedure to others.
- Skill in data entry with minimal errors and ability to review own work for accuracy.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, and embracing continuous improvement.
- Flexible and able to multi-task.
- Detail oriented.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by April 5, 2018. Those who do not apply by April 5, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications, 2. A current CV/resume, 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references). Questions should be directed to: [[email protected]]
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30205 - AVCASA-SS Advising Center
Posting Date: Mar 23, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lindsie Haggerty
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00696637