Assistant Director, Donor Relations
Assistant Director, Donor Relations
Development Support Coordinator
Division of Advancement Gen - 170000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm; Some evenings and weekends required
The Division of Advancement has a goal to promote the University of North Texas through its many programs of engagement, to secure private financial resources that support our institution and to empower the future leaders of our generations.
The Division of Advancement at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Assistant Director of Donor Relations to join our team. This position will write donor communications on behalf of the Division and the Office of the President, assist with the development and implementation of a comprehensive, impact filled reporting process for donors, manage the University's donor recognition societies, assist with executing gift agreements, and develop activities that keep donors engaged.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Identify, write, and track donor communications and personalized acknowledgement letters on behalf of the Vice President of the Division of Advancement and the President of the University in a timely manner.
* Welcome and upgrade members to the five lifetime giving donor recognition societies, and recommend and implement engagement activities and communications to enhance membership.
* Maintain comprehensive knowledge of UNT Foundation and University scholarship administration processes.
* Work with the Division's communications team to regularly develop new content for mailed and emailed donor pieces.
* Create and continually redefine the process for notecards, birthday cards, sympathy cards, holiday cards, etc. to major donors, and coordinate with appropriate personnel to ensure a cohesive strategy among those in contact with donors, including university leadership.
* Draft gift agreements, amendments and letter agreements for review by Director of Donor Relations.
* Serve as a university contact for questions from donors regarding endowment funds and their associated expendable accounts.
* Coordinate with Student Financial Aid and Scholarships to assist in oversight of student stewardship activities.
* Other related duties, as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and two years of professional experience in marketing, fundraising, event planning, public relations, corporate account sales, or communications; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Working knowledge of the development field.
* Knowledge of accepted business practices and procedures.
* Ability to establish and maintain cordial, productive, and professional working relationships with internal and external contacts.
* Ability to manage time, personnel, financial, and physical resources effectively.
* Exceptional communications skills.
* Ability to master University policies and procedures and apply these in specific situations.
* Some knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles or ability quickly assimilate.
The ideal candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting