Montclair State is New Jersey's second largest university. It offers the advantages of a large university - a broad undergraduate curriculum with a global focus, a wide variety of superior graduate programs through the doctoral level, and a diverse faculty and student body - combined with a small college's attention to students.
Posting Date March 23, 2018
Position Title Technology Manager
Vacancy # V-1455
Department Academic Affairs
Division Academic Affairs
Reporting to the Dean of University College, the Technology Manager is responsible for the
applications used by University College in support of student success and for reporting an analyzing
actionable data that measures the success of University College programs and University College
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies appropriate student success enterprise applications and recommends them for
implementation in University College.
- Manages enterprise applications selected for implementation in University College.
- Maintains web presences for University College, ensuing accurate, current, and attractive presentation
of essential information to the University community.
- Collaborates with Colleges, specifically Associate Deans and Directors of Student Success Centers, to
ensure effective utilization of student success applications across the University in support of
University College students.
- Provides training and support as necessary for the staff of University College in the use of student success applications and for the faculty and staff of other Colleges as necessary to support University College Students.
- Collects and analyzes data from student success applicants and develops reports to support the work and decision making of the college.
- Integrates data collected from student access systems with data relevant to student success from other sources (e.g. Banner, Degree Works, Canvas, Hawk Sync, Recruiter) to provide a holistic portrait of student enrolled in University College.
- Provides regular and actionable reports to the Dean of University College assessing the effectiveness of University College initiatives, including, but not limited to, advising and first year experiences.
- Provides regular (weekly, during the course of regular terms) and actionable reports based on all
appropriate available sources of data (e.g. Recruiter, Starfish, Canvas, Banner, Hawk Sync) identifying University College students whose academic success might be enhances by an intervention or by intrusive advising.
- Measure and tracks the success of University College students as they move through their General Education requirements and gateway course into potential majors.
- Provides regular reports about the characteristics of students who succeed, and who do not succeed, in specific courses and programs of study.
- Measures and tracks University College students after they declare majors through their undergraduate career at Montclair.
- Provides regular reports identifying the characteristics of students who persist to degree in particular programs of study and the characteristics of those who do not.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Master's Degree.
- Demonstrated understanding of academic processes.
- Understanding of database design.
- Mastery of reporting applications, including, but not limited to, Congos and Tableau.
- Mastery of statistical tools appropriate for analyzing student success data.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex statistical patterns in tables, graphs, charts, and prose.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative and diverse work environment.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal oversight.
- Three years' experience working as a professional in higher education.
- Working knowledge of student success strategies for promoting retention and timely degree completion.
Commensurate with experience.
Anticipated Start Date Open until position is filled.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
*When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).*
Apply By Review will begin immediately and continues until position is filled.
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION