Assistant Director of Facilities
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Assistant Director of Facilities
Facilities - 9910100
Business & Finance
Cover Letter, Resume
The Assistant Director of Facilities assists in directing programs for the campus warehouse, maintenance, maintenance call center, vendors, event set-up. The Assistant Director of Facilities assists in the acquisition of contract services, enforcement of federal regulations governing environmental protection, hazardous waste disposal, and the use of chemical substances and materials. The Assistant Director of Facilities develops constructive relationships with clients and works as a team member within facilities and promotes a team mentality to develop, support, and implement established goals and objectives for the Facilities areas.
- Assists in the acquisition of contract services for exceptional, specialized, or emergency services and maintains appropriate administrative and personnel records affecting facility operations.
- Ensures that all facilities are maintained in a manner which provides a clean and safe environment by developing departmental procedures and guidelines which address these objectives, assists in directing the priorities for daily work assignments, including special projects and support for campus events and supervising the activities of assigned and contractual personnel, anticipating requirements for exceptional efforts and developing appropriate contingency plans, and inspecting the quality of work performed.
- Advises the senior administration regarding the general condition and cleanliness of facilities by conducting regular inspections, reviewing condition reports from building coordinators and other appropriate personnel, and submitting appropriate reports and documents to the Executive Director of Facilities.
- Develops constructive relationships with all members of the campus community while promoting the goals, objectives, and service philosophy of facilities management. Works as a team member within facilities and promotes a team mentality to develop, support, and implement established goals and objectives.?
- Assists in the coordination of the facilities team with regard to the overall administration of programs and projects.
- Responsible for enforcement of federal regulations governing environmental protection, hazardous waste disposal, and the use of chemical substances and materials.
- Establishes priorities for services and operations, plans for and responds to weather events and campus events, and responds to emergency situations.
- May be assigned direct project management responsibility for one or more projects.
- Manage the campus facility records.
- May represent the department by serving on various campus committees.
- Ensure custodial services meet the established guidelines by developing long-range plans for the replacement of equipment, training, staffing, and contract services.
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategic plans for growth and improvements to the campus.
- Manages funds by assisting in the preparation of the annual operating budget and for managing operating budget expenditures throughout the year.
- Ensure that contract services meet specified results by inspecting the work performed and directing corrective action to be taken as necessary.
- Inform personnel of safety information regarding supplies and equipment, making that information available to all employees, and maintaining a file of all publications and bulletins regarding safety information.
- Participate in capital project planning and design review efforts for campus construction and renovation projects.
- Assists in the oversight of warehouse services to include ensuring appropriate safeguarding of property.
- Schedule and perform required evaluations of infrastructure systems; assists in the development of prioritized capital equipment replacement programs, operational plans for system replacements, and the execution of planned life cycle equipment replacements.
- Assist in planning the resource needs for proposed expansions and/or repurposing of existing facilities.
- Assist in the oversight and management of college maintenance resources, helping to ensure appropriate preventive and remedial maintenance plans/records for facilities/property, and a fully functional maintenance call center.
- Assist in managing outsourced facilities vendors, contractors and consultants. Help ensure GGC's service providers comply with all contractual obligations and performance expectations, while maintaining the best interests of the College.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the Executive Director of Facilities and Associate Vice President of Operations informed of all critical issues.
- Focuses on customer needs and customer satisfaction, projects a positive customer service environment to both internal and external customers, and promotes and encourages an attitude of exemplary customer service and high integrity to all of the staff within facilities.
- Performs responsible supervisory and administrative duties, ensuring that all provided services meet
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in building construction, building science, architecture or engineering or related field
- Four (4) years supervisory experience in large facility maintenance
- Two (2) years experience in contact services
- Two (2) years experience in facilities contract management
- Experience in campus or large facility construction management
- Masters (or other advanced) degree in building construction, building science, architecture or engineering
- Five (5) years of project design / engineering and/or construction management
- Knowledge of BoR and GSFIC design and construction processes
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficient in eBuilder
- Able to produce construction documents for renovation projects
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Position requires fiduciary responsibility, therefore successful completion of a credit report may be a condition of employment. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Position may require local travel. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends). This is a part-time student assistant position up to 25 hours per week.