Research Associate-Fixed Term
The School of Packaging at Michigan State University invites applications for a Research Associate position with a research focus of cellulose nano-composites.
The position is funded by the US Endowment for Forestry and Communities and is a one year fixed term position with the possibility of renewal for an additional year based on performance.
This position will be filled in collaboration with and located at the USDA Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory in Madison, Wisconsin.
The candidate will be involved in:
- Conducting experimental research
- Tasks including production on cellulose nano-materials
- Manufacturing cellulose nano-composites
- Characterization of composite materials
The candidate should be conversant in characterization techniques including those for mechanical properties, thermal properties, and barrier properties.Required Degree
Doctorate -Polymer Chemistry, Materials ScienceMinimum Requirements
Applicants must have doctoral degree in a relevant polymer chemistry, materials science and/or engineering fields.
The ideal candidate should have experience in:
- Polymer processing and polymeric material characterization
- Demonstrated skills in the entire research cycle including conceiving of a project
- Performance experiments
- Statistical analysis of data
- Strong writing skills
Experience in packaging, biomaterials and sustainability is desired but not required. Opportunities also exist for collaborating and working on interdisciplinary projects.Required Application Materials
The following documents are required for consideration:
- Recent CV
- Cover Letter
- Research Interests
- Three letters of reference
Submit all application materials online to www.careers.msu.eduSpecial Instructions
Review of applications will begin on April 6, 2018 and continue until filled.