Residence Hall Director
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage daily operations of a residence hall, assist with the recruitment, selection, training and supervision of student staff members, serve as the main student conduct administrator for the hall, manage administrative tasks and procedures related to hall operations and participate in departmental and campus-wide programming activities and initiatives.
1. Support the mission and vision of Concordia College and demonstrate the competencies as defined for this position.
2. Manage daily operations of a residence hall or residence hall area – 30%
- Assist with resident conflict resolution
- Respond to emergency or crisis situations
- Advise programs offered within the residence hall
- Facilitate community development and involvement
3. Assist with the recruitment, selection, training, and supervision of student staff members – 30%
- Solicit applications, review applications, interview, and select student staff
- Provide initial and ongoing training for staff
- Hold weekly staff meetings
- Meet individually with student staff for the purpose of supervision, support, and information sharing
- Provide on-going feedback
4. Serve as the main student conduct administrator for the hall or hall area – 15%
- Train student staff to enforce college policies
- Investigate reports of policy violations
- Meet with students to administer the conduct code
- Complete all appropriate paperwork and documentation
5. Manage administrative tasks and procedures related to hall operations – 10%
- Complete maintenance work orders
- Submit fire alarm reports
- Administer room change protocol and submit appropriate
- Assist with resident check-in and check-out during openings and closings as well as breaks.
6. Participate in departmental and campus-wide programming activities and initiatives – 10%
7. On a rotational basis, serve as departmental on-call person – 5%
• Bachelor’s degree
• Familiarity with the residential college environment
• Previous Residence Life Experience.
• Concordia College has ambitious goals for diversity and inclusion and seeks colleagues who can contribute to the success of an increasingly diverse student body and staff.
This is a 10-month, full-time position.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://hr.cord.edu. Concordia College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Criminal background check required.