(Non-Unit) Director of IT Services
Holyoke Community College: the opportunities you want; the future you're looking for. For over 65 years, Holyoke Community College has been a gateway to quality education and career advancement. Seeking to realize their dreams and aspirations, more than 100,000 students have come through the open doors of the College. HCC offers over 100 different academic options. The Commonwealth's oldest community college, Holyoke Community College serves more than 12,500 students annually in credit and noncredit programs and courses. The college has the highest transfer rate of any community college statewide, holding articulation agreements with more than 27 colleges and universities. Recognized for its Honors Program, distance learning curriculum, learning communities, and service to students, HCC also offers business development opportunities through the Kittredge Center for Business and Workforce Development.
Under the general direction of the CIO, responsible for providing and coordinating technical services to all members of the HCC Community, maintaining daily records and assignments, managing Help Desk and Lab Services staff and Computer Technicians/Desktop Support. The Director of IT Services will need to have a unique combination of technical skills, administrative management skills, teamwork orientation and the personal skills to effectively service and communicate with all stakeholders interacting with ITD.
- Manages and coordinates end-user services including Help Desk, desktop support, and computer lab services to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues. This includes ensuring that support tickets are being managed and addressed properly; that appropriate troubleshooting and escalation procedures are adhered to; that all service levels are being met or exceeded; and that IT policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Coordinates and/or performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including deploying new computers to staff; imaging computers; installing and upgrading hardware and software; implementing back-ups; configuring systems and applications.
- Manages HCC's desktop technology replenishment program, coordinating the purchase and set-up of PC/Mac, laptop, tablet and lab equipment.
- Performs root cause analysis on IT and end-user support issues and identifies, recommends, and implements appropriate training solutions for both Help Desk staff and end-users. Develops appropriate training documentation.
- Manages the college's computer lab infrastructure, to include oversight of student assistants. Designs and delivers a server-based lab delivery centered on the VMware solution set.
- Networks with other Massachusetts Community College IT Services leads to better develop, document, and implement the 'best fit' policies and procedures for technology support at HCC.
- Tracks and analyzes trends in Help Desk requests and generate actionable management reports that support the analysis of Help Desk activities to identify problem areas and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and drive efficiencies. This includes the recruitment, training and motivation of direct staff.
- Negotiates with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure infrastructure and desktop products and services.
- Projects management of internal team initiatives and org-wide infrastructure, hardware or software deployments.
- Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Works with CIO to develop and implement strategic plans and initiatives.
- As a member of the HCC IT Management team, assist with support in other HCC IT areas when a temporary back-fill is required.
- Performs special projects and related responsibilities as initiated and requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Associate degree in Computer Science or related technical area or equivalent experience; Four to six years of related experience in user services, desktop support, helpdesk functions, and audio visual/media services; Relevant managerial/supervisory experience required; Technical experience in desktop software and hardware solutions; Highly developed written, oral, and interpersonal skills; Position requires occasional weekend, holiday or night work including periodic on-call rotation; Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body; Must be physically able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical area; Demonstrated technical managerial experience; Higher education experience in end user service environment.
SALARY RANGE: $69,855-$75,000/year, plus a comprehensive State benefits package
HOURS: 37.5 hrs./week
START DATE: June, 2018
FUNDING SOURCE: Trust
EQUIVALENCY STATEMENT: Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.
Holyoke Community College is committed to excellence and opportunity through diversity in education and employment. Holyoke Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, and national origin, in its education programs or employment.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. HCC is not sponsoring H1B Visa.
- Pre-Employment Background check, including Criminal History will be conducted for all positions.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online:
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter) - When preparing your cover letter, please refer to the minimum and preferred qualifications as pertaining to this position and, if applicable, include an equivalency statement.
- List of references with names, email addresses, & telephone numbers of three professional references
DEADLINE: Additional applications will be considered until April 20, 2018.
Returning applicants - https://hcc.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp to check completed application.