Career Services Manager & Integrative Coach
Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for a Career Services Manager & Integrative Coach position. Reporting to the Director of Academic Advising & Achievement, this individual is responsible for managing the services and programs provided by the Office of Career Services. The manager will provide career counseling to students and alumni, to assist with their career planning needs and the implementation of their career plans. This position will also provide leadership and assistance in the planning, coordination, and facilitation of career services, programs, and events.
In addition, this individual will be an integral part of the Integrative Coaching program. As an Integrative Coach, he/she will play an active role in guiding and supporting students’ experiences, paths toward success, and their curricular and co-curricular choices. The Integrative Coach will act as a touchstone and “master mentor”, working with multiple student cohorts with the goal of supporting each student in maximizing their learning, engagement, and aspirations.
- Provide career planning counseling to students (and alumni when appropriate), including choosing a major, career exploration, and the career-decision making process in both individual and drop-in sessions.
- Collaborates with faculty and staff in developing and providing career exploration and job skills workshops, classroom presentations, and specific programming for students.
- Advice students (and alumni when appropriate) regarding the job search process including resume writing, interviewing, and job search strategies.
- Support students with disabilities and diversity by keeping updated on counseling methods and appropriate career-related resources - including career assessment inventory programs.
- Assist students with graduate school planning including researching, decision-making, and the application process.
Outreach and Publicity
- Serve as employer relations liaison for campus; establish connections with potential employers and external companies/organizations.
- Participate in university orientations and events.
- Create promotional materials including flyers, handouts, forms and posters.
- Distribute electronic messages to promote events to students and recruiters.
- Support faculty members with internship management.
- Maintain the Dominican Career Network and technical aspects of the program; includes employer registrations, reviewing job listings, and special features such as resume approvals and books, e-mail blasts, reports and surveys.
- Assist with researching new career-related technology and software as appropriate.
- Assist with organization and maintenance of career library and technology resources.
- Coach cohorts of students throughout their college experience
- Guide students as they explore, develop and reflect on realistic academic, education, career and life plans by acting as a sounding board and dedicated resource.
- Teach/Co-teach 1 unit courses within the advising curriculum: Mastering College, Life Skills, Mentor Training.
- Connect students with people and other resources to aid them with initial transition and adjustment to University life. Participate in peer mentor training.
- Assist students in managing relationships with various critical members of the University and local community, including but not limited to faculty advisors, alumni mentors, professionals, professors, and tutors.
- Refer students to the appropriate specialized staff for such issues as counseling, financial assistance, community engagement, etc.
- Follow-up with students on any reports of challenges, academic or otherwise.
- Work with students individually or in intimate groups (triads/quads) to develop their Education and Career Plans based on their unique interests. Assist them in identifying and pursuing relationships needed to reach their goals.
- Participate in supporting students with Digital Portfolio development by offering guidance and feedback.
- Assess program effectiveness; develop systems and best practices to enhance and improve the Integrative Coaching program.
- Collaborate with advising staff and the Dean of the Dominican Experience to support the growth and success of the Dominican Experience.
- Collaborate with a team of Integrative Coaches to provide uniform and quality experiences for all students.
- Participate in training sessions for Integrative Coaches.
- Stay abreast of changing institutional information (academic, education and career plans; graduation requirements; etc.).
- Maintain detailed records of student interactions. Participate actively in program review and other assessment activities.
- Monitor student registration activities and recommend solutions for academic difficulties.
- Perform related duties as assigned or required to meet Academic Advising and University goals and objectives.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling or Education with a concentration in Career Counseling in Higher Education, preferred
- Knowledge of job search skills and job market
- Knowledge of career theory and student development
- Minimum 3 years of higher education experience
- Significant experience mentoring students and/or working with both at-risk and high achieving populations
- Demonstrated ability to conduct all duties with sound professionalism and judgement with consideration for diversity and ethics, upholding to organizational integrity and values.
- Exhibit capacity for professional collaboration with a range of University stakeholders: students, faculty, staff, administrators and volunteers
- Possess an understanding and commitment to the value of general education within the student experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong project coordination and organization skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to manage and maintain information management systems and web-based technology
- Ability to solve problems and situations independently, with tact, compassion and discipline
- Understanding of FERPA, HIPAA, and other legal/ethical considerations.
Additional Position Information
- Applications will be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- A cover letter is required.
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact [email protected]
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.