Assistant Professor Biology- Practice Track
The Department of Biology and the Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health programs of the College of Science & Technology at Temple University seek to hire an Assistant Professor of Biology, Practice Track. The successful candidate will provide critical instruction in neurophysiology, as well as provide instructional and administrative support for the Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health programs. Duties will include the development of curricula for the Pre-Physician Assistant (PA) and Pre-Pharmacy programs, including courses in anatomy & physiology, microbiology, and immunology. Other duties involve student advising and career planning, participating in all phases of application and admissions processes, as well as alumni stewardship and additional activities as assigned. Applicants must have a doctoral degree in the biological sciences and at least seven years of experience in biological sciences instruction, and in student advising.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Ability to develop curriculum and teach in the post- baccalaureate pre-health programs
- Strong teaching skills including the ability to conduct review sessions, grade exams and quizzes, and counsel students in their coursework and progress in the program
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with a demonstrated ability to engage in collaborative relationships with students, faculty, staff, health professions school admissions offices, and other constituents
- Excellent advising skills and an ability to help students articulate their experiences and stories in an effective way, for both written application materials and in-person interviews
- Strong program planning, project management, and technology skills
- Ability to be adaptable in assuming additional projects as the program expands
Applicants should submit their application materials as a single pdf attachment to Grace Hershman, at [email protected], that would include (i) a cover letter with a personal statement of qualification for the position, (ii) curriculum vitae, including a description of teaching accomplishments and advising experience, and (iv) the names and contact information of three references. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Temple University is an equal opportunity, equal access, affirmative action employer committed to achieving a diverse community (AA, EOE, m/f/d/v).