Coordinator of Summer Sessions
Coordinator of Summer Sessions
Posting Number: 201301313P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Work performed in a standard office environment and during normal business hours. Infrequent overtime may be required based on business need.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 03/22/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Under the general direction of the Budget and Operations Manager, the Coordinator of Summer Session is responsible for executing daily operations of summer session administration. In alignment with Academic Division priorities, the Coordinator aids in the development, execution, and assessment of marketing and communication campaigns to prospective summer session students, as well as conducts outreach to community and educational partners. Additionally, the Coordinator is responsible for tracking and monitoring course enrollments and internal communications with academic partners.
1. Coordinates the development, implementation, assessment, and refinement of a comprehensive strategic marketing and communications plan for Pacific summer sessions.
2. Develops and executes summer session communications to internal and external audiences using a variety of channels, including the university website, newsletters, brochures, videos, social media, Pacifican newspaper, and student organizations.
3. Researches and conducts outreach to prospective community partners related to summer session enrollment opportunities.
4. Serves as primary point-of-contact for on-going partnership with the Pacific Department of Visual Arts and SingingHands.org (student organization).
5. Manages partnership with Pacific’s Center for Teaching and Learning to provide summer course development opportunities for faculty.
6. Conducts statistical analyses of historical and projected summer session enrollment trends.
7. Contributes to summer session census report used for determining faculty compensation and net revenue distribution.
8. Cross-trains and supports enrollment and registration related summer functions with the Office of the Registrar.
9. Actively engages in the North American Association of Summer Sessions (NAASS).
10. Assists with summer session related expenses, invoicing, and budget transactions/reconciliations.
11. Performs other duties, as assigned.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Also requires standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed in a standard office environment and during normal business hours. Infrequent overtime may be required based on business need.
Hiring Range: Min $18.81 per hour to Mid $25.30 per hour, non-exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11685
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.