Student Accounts Supervisor
Student Accounts Supervisor
Department: Business & Finance
Posting Number: 201301312P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours, may require additional hours to meet business needs. Some travel to other campuses and training required at times.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 03/22/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Responsible for the oversight and management of the Student Accounts unit within the Student Business Services Office. Ensures the highest level of customer service and the collection of all student accounts.
1. Oversees billings and collections on all accounts. Maintains the integrity, timeliness and compliance of student account charges, credits, adjustments, and refunds.
2. Analyzes and resolves complex student account issues regarding payment plans, payment deadlines, collections, registration and financial aid issues, working with staff, students, parents and other University departments.
3. Supervises unit staff. Responsible for managing and evaluating staff performance, staff workload planning, and staff recruitment, development and retention; fosters high morale within the unit.
4. Assists in establishing, implementing, and supporting institutional policies in relation to the Student Accounts operation.
5. Provides customer service in the areas of student accounts, financial aid, scholarships, and other financially related issues. Manages and authorizes student-specific strategies to settle outstanding receivable balances.
6. Communicates University policy in a positive and professional manner.
7. Collaborates with Financial Aid, Registrar, Housing, Admissions, and Wellness Center to insure clear and consistent communications to support student success.
8. Serves as unit’s Veterans program administrator including Chapter 33 and Yellow Ribbon program in conjunction with Registrar’s Office.
9. Assist with annual IRS reporting of tuition and fees.
10. Prepares journal entries for various inter-departmental payments and reconciliation to student accounts.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed during standard business hours, may require additional hours to meet business needs. Some travel to other campuses and training required at times.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11683
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.