Teaching Professor (Open Rank)
The Department of Computer Science at the University of Denver is committed to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We invite applications for one (possibly more) full-time non-tenure track Teaching Professors (Open Rank) for the 2017-2018 academic year beginning September 1, 2018.
Teaching Professor (Open Rank) appointments will be made initially as a one-year contract renewable on a yearly basis for three years, followed by a three-year contract where renewal is contingent on formal performance review.
The hired individuals will be responsible for teaching introductory, higher level undergraduate, and possibly graduate level computer science courses. Duties include six quarter-based system courses per year, advising students, and participating in department and university service. These positions do not require research. The successful applicant will have a passion for teaching and a demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate Computer Science courses with above-average student evaluations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A passion for teaching and a demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate Computer Science courses with above-average student evaluations.
- MS in Computer Science related disciplines is required by time of appointment.
- Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate courses.
- One year of previous experience teaching undergraduate courses.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with culturally responsive teaching methods and/or pedagogies to effectively engage broadly diverse student populations.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Wednesday, April 4, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae indicating teaching experience
- Course evaluations (if applicable)
- A one-page teaching statement that includes information about how you will advance our inclusive excellence commitment through your teaching and service
- Names and contact information of three references
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.