DIRECTOR OF STUDENT SERVICES CENTER
Fontbonne University welcomes interest in our Director of Student Services Center. The Student Services Center encompasses our financial aid and business offices as a one stop approach to best support our students.
We are looking for a progressive leader, capable of carrying forward recent successes in forming our Student Services Center, and leveraging financial aid in new strategic ways that strengthens our commitment to our mission and supports students by creating a single location to handle all financial needs. We look forward to getting to know a candidate with experience and/or passion in these areas so we can continue the opportunities we have provided, but also continue strategic, progressive practices that push Fontbonne into our next hundred years.
- Strategic thought leadership and oversight of financial aid and student accounts
- Proactively monitor and manage student accounts, including timely collection and resolution of past due balances
- Coordinate office activities and schedules; develop and recommend office procedures and systems with a focus on continued process improvement; ensure smooth office operations
- Provide leadership, guidance, assistance and training to Student Services Center employees
- Ensure financial aid and accounting functions are effectively and accurately carried out
- Oversee financial aid budget
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Provide complete and timely administrative / other requested reports to VPs of Finance and Enrollment Management
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Department of Education federal regulations relating to financial aid and student accounts
- Strong leadership skills
- Bookkeeping and accounting
- Computerized campus management (CAMS preferred) and financial systems (Great Plains preferred)
- Ability to apply College policies to processes in Student Services Center
- Math aptitude skills
- Detail orientation skills with high degree of accuracy
- Strong communication skills and the ability to professionally collaborate with multiple constituents
Must have five plus years of experience in Financial Aid and/or combined Financial Aid/Business Office environment. Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred. Please submit resume, cover letter and three references.
Fontbonne University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women.
We welcome your engagement of Fontbonne and this position. We also encourage you to share this with your friends and colleagues.