Working Title: Senior Architect/Planner
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Office of the University Architect
Posting Date: 03-22-2018
The University of Virginia invites letters of application, curriculum vitae, and nomination for the position of Senior Facilities Planner.
Under the direction of the Architect for the University in the Office of the Architect, the Senior Architect/Planner researches, develops, and prepares preliminary and final program plans for short- and long-range capital planning efforts and assists in process design for planning efforts and capital development strategies. The Senior Architect/Planner also serves as a resource for the development, analysis, and synthesis of space utilization and facilities planning data.
The ideal candidate must be service-oriented and have the ability to work successfully on a large variety of projects as a key team member, either independently or in a multi-disciplinary group, in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. They must possess demonstrated planning-related written and graphic work products. They must also have knowledge, abilities and strengths in space utilization, benchmarking, overall program planning, developing feasibility studies for capital projects and development of long range capital planning and space allocation strategies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully on a large variety of projects as a key team member, either independently or in a multi-disciplinary group in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated planning-related written and graphic work products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Electronic database development
- Knowledge, abilities, and strengths in space utilization, benchmarking, overall program planning, developing feasibility studies for capital projects and developing long range capital planning and space allocation strategies
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84160