Compliance & Risk Management Specialist (Purchasing Agent 2, UCP 8), LIMITED
Job Title: Compliance & Risk Management Specialist (Purchasing Agent 2, UCP 8), LIMITED
Job ID: 2018430
Location: Storrs Campus
LIMITED TO UCONN & UCONN HEALTH EMPLOYEES
The University of Connecticut, Department of Procurement Services seeks to hire a Compliance & Risk Management Specialist who will focus on overall compliance for procurement efforts for all University campuses, including the main campus in Storrs, Regional Campuses, and UConn Health (UCH) in Farmington and serve as the University's Risk Management Liaison. This position will require experience with, and an intricate understanding of, the University (UConn), its procurement policies and procedures, and applicable State of Connecticut and federal laws and regulations.
Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Reviews procurement functions and processes for compliance with laws, policies, and procedures; responds to bid protests and vendor inquiries related to procurement compliance; researches, gathers and evaluates complex information, and compiles/prepares reports required for UConn's Board of Trustee committee meetings, i.e., Joint Audit and Compliance Committee (JACC), Financial Affairs (FA) and Buildings Grounds and & Environment (BG&E) Committee, as well as required annual UCONN 2000 reporting efforts; attends and supports the Associate Director and/or the Director of Procurement Services at Committee Executive Sessions, as required; serves as liaison between Procurement Services and its auditors (University, State of Connecticut, and external), the Connecticut Office of the Attorney General, and the University's Freedom of Information (FOIA) Officer(s), Office of Audit, Compliance & Ethics (OACE) to locate and compile documents responsive to audits, discovery/litigation, FOIA, and other similar requests relating to all University campuses, including UCH.
Interfaces with the State Insurance Risk Management Board and its representatives regarding adequacy of vendor coverage and claims by and against UConn; reviews and analyzes insurance policies to determine coverage for University business needs; acts as liaison with insurance adjusters, legal counsel, and other organizations/groups as required to resolve claims on behalf of the University; manages and coordinates all insurance matters/claims, including those arising out of liability claims, property damage claims, etc. to achieve quality results; negotiates, as necessary, to minimize the University's exposure; reviews and evaluates certain vendor coverages annually, obtaining certificates of insurance as required; communicates with Associate Director, Director and/or other administrators as appropriate, any existing risks and provides a plan to assist in mitigating such risk; tracks all open claims and provides Associate Director, and/or Director with status reports as appropriate; composes a variety of materials (e.g. reports, correspondence, procedures, manuals, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written references and/or conveying information to the University administration.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Insurance and Risk Management, or discipline appropriate to the field of specialization and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three to five years professional experience with UConn, related to procurement and/or compliance, and/or risk management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of UConn's public procurement processes and requirements.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing insurance contracts and advocating on behalf of policy-holders.
- Experience with UConn's enterprise-wide asset coverage program.
- Proven ability to apply a range of concepts, techniques and practices to carry out technical program objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to independently evaluate and produce reliable results, problem-solve and trouble shoot problems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills and ability to conduct research, collect and analyze data and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of UConn's risk management activities such as risk identification/reduction, loss control, asset protection and employee interests.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Advanced computer skills, including use of Access, Outlook, Excel and Microsoft suite.
- Must have dependable transportation and ability to travel to all University campuses statewide.
- Advanced degree, i.e. Master of Jurisprudence in Business Law & Compliance (MJ) or Juris Doctorate degree.
- Experience with KFS or similar electronic financial records system.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Jaggaer (SciQuest).
- Knowledge of Legal Files or similar contract database system.
- Ability to build and maintain tracking systems.
- Strong accounting skills with experience monitoring and reconciling accounts/purchase order balances.
- Experience and understanding of UConn's requirements associated with the competitive bidding processes, vendor certifications and required State documentation, and other procurement policies and procedures.
- Experience with State of Connecticut and federal rules and regulations applicable to the procurement process.
- Member of National Society of Compliance Professionals and/or other professional organization.
- Certificate of Risk Management (CRM).
This is a full-time position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, including employee and dependent tuition reimbursement at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with successful candidate's background and experience.
This search is open to current UConn/UCH employees only. Please apply online at http://jobs.uconn.edu. Interested candidates must submit a letter of application, resume and contact information for three (3) professional references, including a reference from applicant's current place of employment. Please note that references will not be contacted without prior discussion with applicant. Screening will begin immediately. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2018430)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on April 20, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp .
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.