Grounds Worker Seasonal
Department: Plant Operations - Grounds
Location: Western Campus
Reports To: Grounds Supervisor
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req102
Employment Type: Part-Time Support Staff
Vacancy Number: PT147-18
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: Flexible schedule. Schedule varies based on the needs of the department. Supervisor will work with selected candidate to set a schedule designed to support the demands of the department.
Number of Openings: 3
This position will assist during peak grounds maintenance season
- Assists during the spring and summer with duties such as weed removal from flower beds, push and riding mowing, edging, string trimming, back pack or hand held blower, trash removal, maintaining flower beds, watering flowers and other plantings, mulching, cleaning entrances of litter, painting duties as assigned, and other non-skilled duties such as raking, hand digging, concrete mixing, and broom sweeping.
- Assists Yard Maintenance Mechanic Helpers with landscaping projects such as seeding and/or sodding, athletic field repair, tree or shrub pruning, planting of flowers and other foliage, cold patch installation, and other assigned duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to read, understand and follow verbal or written instructions
- Meets all job safety requirements and applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to the essential functions of the position.
- Demonstrates regular attendance
- Ability to properly use grounds keeping equipment
- Valid Ohio's drivers license
- Must be able to meet College insurability requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
Special Note:This is a seasonal position
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.