Benefits Functional Analyst
Employee Services provides the University of Colorado community with services from recruitment to retirement. The department provides functional and technical expertise in the areas of benefits, financial education, human resources, internal tax, learning and development, payroll, retirement and technologies. Employee Services strives to create a workforce that is stronger, healthier and more secure.
The Benefits Functional Analyst requires a strong HRIS/HCM professional with enterprise systems experience, and benefit module background, including base benefits, benefits administration, and benefits billing functionality. The Benefits Functional Analyst will represent Employee Services as an HCM expert and act as a liaison to our campus partners, as well as University Information Systems. This position will provide system analysis, requirements definition, testing, troubleshooting and support in the areas of Benefits Administration in Core HCM and is responsible for the development and maintenance of consistent and accurate documentation of system processes and issue resolution. The Benefits Functional Analyst will actively consult and partner with Campus HR offices and the Employee Services department to drive process improvement and provide day to day support of business needs. Additionally, this position will provide production support and troubleshoot system issues related to daily processing in HCM, while supporting new initiatives, driving best practices and strategic change across the university. This position reports to the Benefits Enrollment Manager and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system.
Duties and Responsibility:
Duties and Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and maintains relationships with University Information Systems and campus HCM stakeholders
- Communicates to internal and external stakeholders regarding resolving HCM issues, requirements gathering, and providing status updates and presentations.
- Conducts system meetings regularly with Benefits Administration department to provide project status
- Applies knowledge of functional best practices, and related technology trends to guide campuses toward appropriate Benefit/Payroll technology solutions
- Initiates escalation procedure for incidents based on the agreed upon timelines and track to closure.
- Ensures assigned tasks are completed within targets set (the tasks include incidents, service requests, identified problems, Operational changes, enhancements etc).
- Works closely with training specialist to ensure quality of deliverables.
- Provides recommendations for setting goals and metrics for the Benefit, Payroll, HR and HCM support team.
- Reviews new business processes and solution designs to ensure that cross-functional teams fully understand the impact of decisions made during a system configuration.
- Gathers and document business requirements, collaborate with the UIS technical team to review specifications, and conduct fit/gap analysis and design sessions.
- Creates testing documentation and perform appropriate user acceptance testing activities.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and provide oversight for PeopleSoft HCM-Benefits.
- Provides complete knowledge transfer to support teams before any production release.
- Works closely with Benefit team, Payroll team, and HCM support teams by providing knowledge transfer to progress tickets to resolution and recommends additional development based on needs.
- Creates and maintains system documentation.
- Reports project status to Employee Services staff and leadership
- Coordinates and collaborate with benefit vendors in regards to eligibility and change files.
- Communicates change and make recommendations for new and current processes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of HCM applications and processes for the Benefits module, experience with system integrations, and Benefit processes.
- Knowledge of current Benefits related legislation and processing.
- Ability to create and execute test scripts for vendor delivered software packages and customized software packages in an integrated enterprise systems setting.
- Ability to complete cross functional projects.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness
- Ability to address competing priorities, handle ambiguity, and manage conflict.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other University personnel, and the public.
- Ability to act as a project lead when appropriate.
- Strong Analytical and design skills.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: Salary is competitive and commensurate with skills and experience.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Vision, Life and Wellness
- Retirement: 10% Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Benefit
- ECO Pass
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent experience (experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on year for year basis).
- Two (2) years of experience supporting benefits enrollment administration in a HRIS capacity.
- Two (2) years previous experience documenting functional specifications.
- Two (2) years previous experience with system and end user testing, including issue analysis and resolution.
- Experience in higher education.
- Recent experience with PeopleSoft HCM.
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by April 5, 2018. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and references to your application as three separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter. Also, ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next to each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 51000 - Employee Services
Posting Date: Mar 22, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jackie Hess
Posting Contact Email: Jackie.Hess@cu.edu
Position Number: 00680149