JOB NO.: 93938-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 93938-AS
Working Title: Database Administrator
Official Title: SR DATA BASE ADMINSTR(R82BN) or DATA BASE ADMINSTR(R82DN)
Hiring Department: A064320-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/SEO/DRMT
Anticipated Begin Date: MAY 10, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $65,000 Maximum $95,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
No degree required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Shows strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communications, and works well in a team.
* 3+ years of experience with Oracle database management system internals, commands, and basic database management tools such as RMAN and OEM, 7+ years to be considered at the Senior level.
* Ability to diagnose and solve highly complex problems with database management systems.
* Demonstrated experience with computer applications and systems programming principles, techniques, and capabilities, including application development tools and languages.
* Knowledge of computing environments and operating systems (for example, UNIX or Linux).
* Experienced installing and maintaining database management system software
* Experienced with the Enterprise Resource Planning applications such as Peoplesoft or Oracle E-Business Suite.
* Training or experience with other RDBMS especially MS SQL Server or MySQL.
* Experience with Data Management practices and tools such as BI or data warehousing and reporting tools.
* Experience or training with web servers such as Apache or IIS.
* Leadership or project management experience in enterprise technology environment.
License or certificate:
The Data Resource Management Technology (DRMT) group, within UW-Madison's Division of Information Technology (DoIT), is responsible for ensuring optimum performance, integrity, and availability of enterprise and departmental databases and their related infrastructure components, and for providing expert database services to faculty, students, staff, and administrators throughout the UW system. The enterprise databases for which DRMT is responsible are used by applications systems that support every campus in the UW system; the decisions and quality-of-work of the Database Administrators (DBA) therefore have significant and immediate impact on the entire UW enterprise.
This position is responsible for administration of highly complex database management system (DBMS) software, databases, and technology stack components including Oracle Exadata platform. The person in this position will also work closely with Data Management tools and applications in addition to databases.
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should outline how your experience meets the required qualifications of the position.
Please Note - DoIT is unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Mar 22 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Apr 19 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time