College Administrator, University College
Posting Date March 22, 2018
Position Title College Administrator, University College
Vacancy # V-1452
Department Academic Affairs
Division Academic Affairs
Reporting to the Dean of University College, the University College Administrator is the chief officer responsible for the budget, personnel, and facilities management in founding of a new College which will be the formal academic home for approximately 2,500 students who are not yet matriculated into a major in one of the University's other colleges or schools. In undertaking that responsibility, the College Administrator's core mission is to ensure that the College's operational infrastructure is well organized and administered to support the work of College personnel and the opportunity for University College students to have access to and benefit from the resources and services of the College.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Management of the proper preparation and processing of all personnel actions for College staff, and maintenance of personnel files;
- Management of the budget of the College, including preparation of the annual budget and monitoring of the budget, and the maintenance of appropriate information and communications with the University's Office of Budget and Planning and the Division of Finance;
- Management of the business operations of the College, including procurement, equipment maintenance, and facilities repair and maintenance;
- Preparation of briefing materials and agendas for College meetings;
- Maintenance of College records, documents, and files;
- Preparation of various College reports, communications, and correspondence;
- Supporting and contributing to all aspects of University College activities as necessary; and
- Contributing to the creation of a welcoming and supportive environment for University College students.
Qualifications & Requirements
Preferred qualifications include:
- A bachelor's degree is required and a master's degree is preferred;
- Knowledge of, and proficiency in the use of, enterprise application systems for student, financial, and personnel records, and various business and office related software and technology;
- Administrative experience, including responsibility for the development and monitoring of budgets and the implementation of personnel processes;
- Experience working in a large university and a genuine affinity to supporting the development and success of a large and highly diverse population of students;
- An appreciation for the benefits of teamwork and collaboration with professionals both within and beyond the College;
- Excellent business and communication skills; and
- A personality that will lend itself to the excitement and hard work necessary to the founding of a new college.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
*When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION