Building Zone Manager
8AM - 5PM
$67,300 - $116,200
Building Zone Manager represents Facilities Services and serves as the client's primary point of contact for all maintenance and facilities services requests. Serves as a key communication and coordination link between Facilities Services and the affected departmental facilities manager and building occupants for specific issues that arise. Assists in an advisory capacity for minor renovation projects. Advises on safety issues associated with potential minor modifications to space or equipment added to accommodate changing space utilization needs. Facilities Services is one of the largest departments at UC Riverside employing nearly 400 career employees. Facilities Services provides exceptional service in maintaining an environment conducive of teaching, learning, living, working and research for the entire campus community. The department maintains buildings, facilities and landscape totaling over 6 million square feet across 1,350 acres of campus. We are a team of service oriented professionals focused on exceptional client engagement, continuous improvement and development opportunities.
Advanced knowledge in the areas of building space planning, codes, capacity, security, fire safety, organization and departmental principles and procedures involved in risk assessment and evaluating risks as to likelihood and consequences.
Knowledge and understanding of applicable laws, rules, codes, regulations, and internal policies.
Advanced skill to multi-task and effectively prioritize large project work.
Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
Advanced interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to establish and maintain exceptional client relations with diverse internal and external constituents. Ability to promote excellent service orientation.
Advanced skills in working collaboratively and influencing others.
Advanced skills to assess processes or services to make improvements and in project management.
Ability to coordinate with multiple units throughout an organization to provide a safe and secure environment.
Thorough knowledge of construction standards and codes including building safety, ADA (as pertains to public and university buildings), seismic and energy efficiency.
Ability to develop and implement delivery systems and plans to ensure quick, accurate and appropriate response to renovation projects and modifications, as well as emergency or urgent requests.
Advanced technical/computer skills. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
Advanced knowledge and skill regarding specialized research needs in space planning and advanced skill to effectively translate needs to professional architects and engineers.
Advanced knowledge of architectural or engineering concepts.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview