Teaching Faculty I ,12 Month Salaried (Center for Professional Development)
Job ID: 43169
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Apply On Or Before: 01/01/9999
College of Business - Center for Professional Development
This individual is the initial member of an eventual team that will deliver a course in professional business to sophomores who wish to be admitted to one or more of the majors in the College of Business. Using materials provided by the Dean’s Office, this individual will design a one-hour course and teach a pilot of that course in the fall semester of 2018. Once designed and piloted, this course will be offered each semester and taught by this faculty member as well as a number of instructors yet to be hired.
In addition to teaching responsibilities, this individual will oversee and manage the instructors assigned to teach this course. This individual will also manage professional development activities for all upper-division students within the college.
Specific Job Duties:
• Collect course materials, appropriate readings, and assignments/engagement activities from benchmarked universities.
• Design a syllabus suitable to a one-hour course.
• Assisted by college staff, submit and shepherd the course proposal through the university approval process.
• Teach six one-hour sections of lower-division undergraduate students in each semester.
• Supervise an instructional staff of four who will also teach the business professional course and provide professional development assistance to upper-division students.
• Prepare periodic reports as requested by the Dean’s Office to document performance of students within this course, effectiveness of the curriculum, and professional development success.
PhD in business, education, or allied area and at least 3 years of experience in teaching or working with undergraduate students. Additional experience in career services and/or undergraduate professional preparation is strongly preferred.
This position reports to the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs
Lexxi Grosswald (email@example.com; 644-7833)
This is a Faculty position.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific Faculty job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include education details even if attaching a Vita.
Open until filled
This position is being advertised as open until filled.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf