Senior Index Analyst, Index Operations
105 W. Adams
3034103 Bus-Ctr For Res Security Price
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
- The Senior Index Analyst's primary responsibility is the daily maintenance of CRSP real-time indexes with a focus on accuracy and timely release of information. The Senior Index Analyst will serve as a knowledge expert and assist with the training and development of more junior personnel. Serve as a role model and demonstrate effective teamwork as an important part of this responsibility.Related duties will include processing of related information being collected for research databases. Analyzing corporate actions and client communication regarding consequent index maintenance is a large part of this responsibility. Additional responsibilities may include testing new data feeds, software, and/or procedures, aiding Index Analysts in the completion of assigned tasks, and supporting Managers and Project Leaders as needed.Must be able to make decisions and function effectively in the absence of AD/Manager of Index Operations.
- Hours of operation are approximately 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM. Candidate must be able to start either early morning (7:00 AM – 3:30 PM) or late morning (10:30 AM – 7:00 PM). Some flexibility may be required.
* $500 employee referral bonus offered for this position
- Maintain and manage stock universe information and analyze the impact to the CRSP Indices.
- Verify and edit exchange listings and de-listings, stock identifiers, prices, dividends, and shares outstanding including free-float adjustments.
- Process corporate actions and analyze the impact to the CRSP Indices.
- Identify appropriate changes to/impact on a given index based on index rules, and be able to communicate such to clients in both written and verbal form.
- Maintain communications database that is utilized to support client communications/information retrieval, and prepare emails to communicate details of relevant & unusual pending issues.
- Apply corporate actions to a given index on effective date.
- Sufficiently versed and proficient with the daily operation to substitute for the area manager in his/her absence, as during vacations or during either morning or evening hours when the manager is not present.
- Serve as a knowledge expert and role model and provide guidance to Index Analysts.
- Execute jobs in the correct sequence and in a timely manner to meet or exceed all applicable performance and quality standards.
- Support the AD/Manager and the CRSP Client Services Team by answering complex client queries.
- Meet client needs with day-to-day contact with clients and when representatives may visit the CRSP operation.
- Participate in projects as required, in efforts to improve and expand CRSP index offerings and data quality and enhance internal procedures.
- Collaborate and coordinate with all CRSP staff in a team-oriented environment.Maintain effective working relationships with all members of CRSP through cooperation, coordination, and mutual respect.
- Maintain confidentiality and deal discretely with confidential information.
- Communication skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills required.
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail required.
- Highly developed analytical and research skills required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in finance or economics with at least five years of analytic/back-office experience in the securities or financial industry OR an MBA with at least three years of analytic/back-office experience in the securities or financial industry required.
- MBA preferred.
- Advanced certifications, such as the CFA or FINRA/NASAA licenses, e.g., Series7/Series 63, are preferred.
- Experience completing assigned project research and data entry work with minimal supervision or assistance required.
- Experience answering client data questions and making data edits as directed by coordinators or supervisors required.
- Experience collaborating with programmers and other analysts on projects and activities required.
- Experience working within strict deadlines and managing workloads effectively required.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office environment required.
- Excellent understanding/knowledge of corporate actions required (spin-offs, mergers, acquisitions, rights issues, etc.) required.
- Working knowledge of U.S. and global financial markets incorporating indices required.
- Working knowledge of financial data and real-time news sources preferred.
- Experience with relational databases preferred.
- Knowledge of the mechanics of indices and index-based investment and benchmarking preferred.
Note: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/