EdTech Trainer II
The EdTech Trainer II position is an advanced training role overseeing training and course development for EdTech training, both internally and externally. They develop eLearning and instructor-led training based on business needs utilizing current instructional design best practice and Agile-based project management principles. This position creates training events and strategies for larger, high-profile, project-based training events. He or she works closely with internal and external subject matter experts, researching and incorporating proven learning strategies and quality practices into the curriculum of training events. In addition, they work collaboratively with other members of training and leadership teams to develop course competencies, objectives, assessment, and evaluation methods. This position is responsible for the success of several projects simultaneously, reporting progress and communicating effectively with stakeholders in an effort to promote collaboration and accountability.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements effective training plans, policies, and programs for large-scale, high priority training initiatives
- Focuses on blended, asynchronous training events with a heavy emphasis on eLearning Development
- Develops training campaigns for new EdTech product rollouts
- Documents, maintains, manages, and enforces all training material, process guides, and workflows for assigned EdTech projects
- Oversees development of training materials for audiences external to the EdTech department, including all WGU staff and WGU students
- Actively and creatively innovates improved tools and processes
Problem Solving Skills: Investigates appropriate resources and involves partners when appropriate. Is future-oriented. Assesses what will help or hinder achieving goals. Focuses on what is important.
Interpersonal Skills: Deals with others in a considerate, respectful, and unbiased manner. Approaches conflict proactively. Solicits and share feedback openly. Listens with empathy and maintains composure.
Accuracy: Draws on facts collected from a broad knowledge of WGU’s goals and processes.
Adaptability: Corrects behaviors and communication style to meet the needs of a wider range of situations. Tackles obstacles appropriately. Is comfortable with ambiguity.
Reliability: Accountable to others; does what it takes to get the job done. Actions are consistent with words. Follows through on commitments. Exhibits exceptional integrity.
Attitude: Displays commitment to the organization and to personal growth. Is self-motivated and able to motivate and inspire others. Asserts self appropriately to champion ideas. Tells the truth in a direct and constructive manner.
Initiative: Self-directs with a strong tendency for action. Leads the way to improve performance or processes. Displays keen interest in students and organization.
- Superb oral and written communication skills
- Ability to foster growth and the drive to excel in others
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite Skills (Illustrator most preferred)
- Experience in a technical environment
- Intermediate Instructional Design Skills (ADDIE, DACUM, Design Thinking)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Psychology, or Technology related fields
- 2-5 years in a training role, preferably in a technical environment
- Familiarity with Agile and/or Scrum methodology
- CompTIA CTT+ preferred
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States