Graduate Assistant Football Coach (part-time)
Curry College is seeking a Graduate Assistant Football Coach (part-time) to begin in August 2018. Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Graduate Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting in all aspects of an NCAA Division III athletic program, including compliance with NCAA, conference, and college rules and regulations, student recruitment, contest scheduling, budget management, coaching, game management, and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach or Director of Athletics. The Graduate Assistant is required to abide by the policies and guidelines established by Curry College, all College and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC), Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), and New England Football Conference (NEFC) rules, regulations, and policies. This is a 10 Month academic year position (renewable for a second year) and will work at least 25 hours per week. The Graduate Assistant will receive tuition remission in one of the following graduate programs at Curry College: Business, Education or Criminal Justice (9 credits per semester Fall/Spring, 18 total) and a $10,000 annual stipend.
- Assist in all aspects of coaching, planning, directing, and developing sport-specific skills in a successful, safe and prudent manner to student-athletes including but not limited to conditioning, recruiting, scouting, scheduling, travel, equipment, budget management, game management, monitoring academic progress of student-athletes).
- Insure compliance with NCAA and conference regulations; know and adhere to all sport rules and regulations.
- Conduct an ongoing recruitment program through a variety of methods, both on and off the court with the goal to attract, select and encourage enrollment of high caliber student-athletes.
- Attend department meetings.
- Assist sports information department with social media updates as necessary.
Student Employee Oversight:
- Supervise work students and team managers as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in a related discipline from an accredited four-year collegiate institution and admission to a Curry College graduate program (specifically either in Business, Education or Criminal Justice).
- Understanding of the NCAA Division III philosophy and the role of athletics within a private, liberal arts, academic setting.
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and able to handle a multi-task work environment.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and enjoy working with people.
- Computer proficiency.
- Current driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to work business and extended hours including evenings and weekends.
- Ability for regular physical exertion and heavy lifting and exposure to weather.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications is a plus.
- Previous participation and/or coaching experience is desired.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.