Head Coach Women’s Basketball
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
Stockton University, an NCAA Division III athletics program and a member of the New Jersey Athletic Conference, invites applicants for the position of
Full-time Head Women’s Basketball Coach. Appointment begins July 1, 2018.
- Develop an overall program which consistently places in the top half of the NJAC and is routinely eligible for NCAA post season competition
- Recommend for hire and supervise assistant coaching staff
- Establish and coordinate practice and competition schedules
- Recruit quality student athletes in concert with the University’s overall mission
- Assist in developing, implementing and overseeing athletic academic advising and retention programs
- Stay abreast of basketball rules and regulations
- Submit pertinent information regarding home and away contests, award winners, eligibility and end-of-season sports
- Prepare budgets
- Organize and administer a comprehensive basketball fund raising program and alumni development plan
- Establish and coordinate a basketball marketing plan to enhance fan development and attendance at athletic contests
- Coordinate the teams travel
- Undertake a secondary non-coaching assignment as determined by the Executive Director of Athletics
- Coordinate and supervise basketball camps and clinics and assist with the coordination and on-site supervision of the Stockton athletic camps/clinics
- Serve as the on-site facility supervisor for athletic and special events as required and on office, divisional and university-wide committees when assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Athletics and Recreation.
- Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
- Bachelor’s degree required and previous basketball coaching experience.
- Head coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level preferred.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word or PDF.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A curriculum vitae
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.