Admission Counselor or Assistant Director of Admission
Knox College is a nationally ranked, private, residential liberal arts college of 1,400 students from 48 states & territories and 51 countries. The College recruits a national and international pool of high ability students and stands out among its peers for the inclusion of first-generation, international, and students of color, in a culturally rich and vibrant campus community. The admission staff has been successful in expanding the geographic reach of the College and expanding the applicant pool to the highest levels in Knox’s history. 60% of applicants are students of color or international students.
To support this plan, Knox seeks an outgoing, results-oriented individual to join the admission team as an Admission Counselor or Assistant Director of Admission. You’ll work within an assigned recruitment territory to achieve a high level of visibility for the College; identify and recruit well-matched candidates for admission; build relationships with high school counselors, independent educational consultants, and alumni; and assist students and their parents in applying for admission and financial aid. You’ll implement on and off-campus recruitment activities; conduct interviews and information sessions; evaluate applications for admission; and actively engage interested students via phone, email, social media, and face-to-face to achieve enrollment goals.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred. 2-3 years of experience in college admission is highly desirable.
- Willingness to work outside a 9-5 schedule, including evenings and weekends on a regular basis during the academic year and travelling up to 10-12 weeks per year.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and public speaking abilities; and talent for developing relationships with a variety of constituencies.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Commitment to inclusion and diversity in college admission.
- Dedication to and ability to articulate the value of a traditional liberal arts education.
- The ability to use Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) and common social media applications (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) is expected. Prior experience with the Slate admission CRM is highly desirable.
To apply, submit via email a letter of application describing your qualifications, resume, and a list of three references to Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You should also complete the Knox College Employment Application. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Founded in 1837 by social reformers strongly opposed to slavery, Knox was one of the first colleges in the United States open to all, regardless of race, gender, or financial means. The campus community maintains a strong commitment to service, and Knox was recently named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in recognition of community service, service learning, and civic engagement.
For more information about Knox College, please visit www.knox.edu/about-knox
Notice of Non Discrimination
Knox College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, religion or religious affiliation, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital or family status, disability, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law in admission, financial aid, employment, athletics, or any other aspect of its educational programs or activities. Any inquiries regarding Title IX or the College’s policies that prohibit discrimination should be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Apply for Admission Counselor or Assistant Director of Admission
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly