Postdoctoral Scholar - Rongsheng Jin Laboratory
Open March 21st, 2018 through June 30th, 2018
One postdoctoral position is available in Dr. Rongsheng Jin's laboratory at the Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of California Irvine. The new postdoctoral fellow is expected to participate in several NIH-supported projects focusing on the mechanism of action of bacterial virulence factors in their cellular context. Our laboratory employs a multidisciplinary approach that combines X-ray crystallography, SAXS, electron microscopy with the more traditional approaches of biochemistry and biophysics. We have also built long-standing collaborative relationships in the areas of cell biology, electrophysiology, toxicology, and animal studies. The successful candidates should have a Ph.D. degree, high motivation, and strong background in one or more of the following research areas: biochemistry, biophysics, molecular biology and/or structural biology. Experience in mammalian cell culture would be desirable, but not required. Candidates interested and capable of working both independently as well as in a team environment are encouraged to apply.
Inquiries about the position should be directed to Professor Rongsheng Jin, Ph.D., C333 Medical Sciences I; University of California, Irvine, CA, 92697-4560. Email at email@example.com.
Applicants should complete the application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04533
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Summary of research interests (up to 3 pages)
- Names and contact information for 3-5 referees
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
More information about this recruitment: http://www.physiology.uci.edu
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter - Your opportunity to enhance your application packet.
- Statement of Research - Your statement may include a research plan, brief description, and/or scholarly activities.
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
3-5 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now