Assistant Researcher - Michael Cahalan Laboratory
Open March 21st, 2018 through April 20th, 2018
The Department of Physiology and Biophysics at the University of California, Irvine invites applications for an Assistant Researcher position from candidates of exceptional promise and achievement. We seek extraordinary applicants working at the frontiers of molecular and cellular physiology, broadly defined. The research program of the successful candidate will add to or complement the department's existing strengths in structural biology, proteomics, cell signaling, immunology, ion channels, and metabolism. (http://www.physiology.uci.edu/).
Requirements - Candidates must hold a Ph.D. degree and have a strong record of autonomous research, publication, and extramural funding. The successful candidate will be expected to develop an independent research program and demonstrate professional competency and activity.
Inquiries about the position should be directed to Professor Michael Cahalan; Department of Physiology and Biophysics, School of Medicine; 275 Irvine Hall; University of California, Irvine, CA, 92697-4560.
Applicants should complete the application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04534
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae and bibliography
- Summary of research interests
- Names and contact information for 3-5 referees
- PDFs of 3-5 recent publications Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
More information about this recruitment: http://www.physiology.uci.edu
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter - Your opportunity to enhance your application packet (Optional)
- Statement of Research - Your statement may include a research plan, brief description, and/or scholarly activities. (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
3-5 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now