Postdoctoral Scholar - Hamid Said Laboratory
Open March 21st, 2018 through June 30th, 2018
A Postdoctoral position is currently available at the Departments of Physiology/Medicine of the University of California-Irvine, for a PhD with experience in cell/molecular physiology or biology. Our NIH supported investigations focus on transport mechanisms and regulation of dietary and microbiota - generated water-soluble vitamins in the digestive organs in health and disease. Our lab is located at the campus of the School of Medicine of the University of California, Irvine. The successful candidate should have experience in modern cellular/molecular biology techniques and has good communication skills. Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. Candidates interested in a fast-paced and exciting environment are encouraged to apply.
Inquiries about the position should be directed to:
Hamid M. Said, Ph. D., Pharm. D.
Vice-Chairman for Research, Department of Medicine
Professor Above-Scale of Medicine and Physiology/Biophysics
University of California-School of Medicine
Senior Research Career Scientist
VA Medical Center
Long Beach, CA
Email at [email protected].
Applicants should complete the application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04530
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information for 3 referees
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
More information about this recruitment: http://www.physiology.uci.edu
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter - Your opportunity to enhance your application packet.
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. (Optional)
- Statement of Research - Your statement may include a research plan, brief description, and/or scholarly activities. (Optional)
3-5 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now