Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2018, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Human Resources - 7010310
Business & Finance
Cover Letter, Resume
Reporting to the Director of HR Operations, this position is responsible for daily processing, managing and maintaining all HR data in the HCM PeopleSoft's Human Capital Management (HCM) system. As a part of the University System of Georgia, GGC has embarked on a multi-step Peoplesoft HCM implementation. This position will play a key role in supporting the transition and ongoing adoption of HR data as new modules are introduced onto the platform. The HRIS Specialist will analyze information, review for accuracy, then enter into the database. The position will need to understand the importance of data integrity and how data flows to other systems and functions (i.e. talent acquisition, positions, payroll, finance, etc.).
- Enter, review and validate basic to moderately complex personnel actions in PeopleSoft's Human Capital Management system (HCM)
- Facilitate migration from current manual processing to automated entry, as HCM implementation progresses
- Enter and maintain job information of new, current, and terminated employees while ensuring compliance with applicable human resource related laws and GGC/USG policies/procedures. Verify paperwork is complete, properly documented, and has appropriate signatures prior to entering into HCM
- Audit HCM data for accuracy and follow proper procedures to research, report and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
- Serve as primary partner with Payroll personnel to coordinate retrieval, troubleshoot, and resolve issues
- Develop and run queries, analyze data for inconsistencies, and recommend solutions for various reports including turnover, headcount, recruiting, and other key metrics which drive organizational effectiveness
- Ensure full compliance with departmental internal controls, policies, procedures and regulations
- Assist with recruiting needs by processing e-verify and initiating background/credit checks
- Assist in the on-boarding process of new employees; prepare orientation materials and data entry of new hire paper work
- Assist with position management requests to add, inactivate or modify position data
- Provide administrative support to the HR department related to HR projects, as needed
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve existing HRIS processes, functionality and work flow. Maximize technological capabilities to reduce manual processes in an effort to improve data management and efficiency
- Protect data integrity and ensure information flows correctly into other systems
- Perform special projects as required for clean-up in HCM
- Assist with maintaining files and documents for recordkeeping purposes
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three years of in-depth experience managing HRIS systems
- Proficiency with PeopleSoft HCM systems
- Experience with HR systems reporting
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and time-management skills
- Demonstrated experience/maturity to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Possess a positive, service oriented attitude with excellent follow through on issues
- Ability to foresee potential challenges and prepare solution suggestion to solve issues
- Project management experience
- Experience in Higher Ed
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends).