CUNY Administrative Assistant 1A -(Provisional)
This position has responsibility for the operation of a major administrative College activity, or difficult administrative and secretarial work in an office with College-wide responsibilities, or in an unusually complex academic department. May perform duties described under the lower title, CUNY Office Assistant (04802). Persons in this position are accountable for rendering quality services in a respectful, courteous and professional manner. In the University's multicultural environment, incumbents provide consistent assistance to everyone.
A CUNY Administrative Assistant position will be assigned to either Level 1 or Level 2. A position assigned to Level 1, with wide latitude for the exercise of independent initiative and judgment, performs office or secretarial work in various units, following relevant departmental, College, and University procedures. A position assigned to Level 2, with wide latitude for the exercise of independent initiative and judgment, performs very complex administrative or supervisory work; may work with other College units to complete significant administrative functions (e.g., payroll, facilities, personnel, budget, records, security, etc.).
This position is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
CUNY Administrative Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Brookdale Facilities Office is located at 425 East 25th Street, NY NY.
Under the supervision of the Administrative Superintendent, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for managing the Time Log System at Brookdale, which includes entering data into the system, producing reports on a bi-weekly basis.
The person will also be responsible for the assisting in monitoring departmental budget and expenditures, prepare purchase requisitions orders and budget modifications.
In addition, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Preparation, reporting and transcription of time & leave statistics/information to the College's Office of Human Resources for Brookdale's full-time Facilities employees
- Preparation, reporting and transcription of overtime, shift differential, welfare fund and annuities data to the College's Payroll Office for Brookdale's full-time Facilities employees
- Assisting the College's Office of Human Resources in the preparation and reporting of Day trade/mutual reports for 220-level skilled tradesmen
- Preparation, reporting and transcription of time & leave information to the College's Payroll Office for Brookdale's part-time/hourly custodial assistants and college assistants
- Coordinating services and supplies with vendors such as Nestle Pure Life and Konica-Minolta.
- Assisting Administrative Superintendent as required
- Providing trouble-shooting and problem-solving
- Notifies individual trade shops of problems or emergency responses as required
- Serves as liaison to Brookdale's mailroom, duplicating services and receiving department
Proof of meeting qualification requirements is needed before the close of a Civil Service Examination filing period. You may be asked to provide proof of meeting these requirements at any time between your application and the close of the filing period.
- Permanent status as a CUNY Office Assistant at Assignment Level 1 (Pay Level 3) or Assignment Level 2 (Pay Level 4).
Candidates who meet the above requirements must also meet requirements 2 and 4 after the close of the filing period.
- Candidates must take and pass a job-related Civil Service Examination that measures critical competencies for the position.
- Candidates must undergo a background check, including a fingerprint screening and a verification of their education and work history.
- Candidates must demonstrate technical competence in using job-related software (e.g., word processing or other).
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website ( http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html or www2.cuny.edu/employment ) and following the CUNYfirst Job System Instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account. To search for this vacancy, click on Search Job Postings, under Employment Opportunities, select More Options To Search For CUNY Jobs and enter the Job Opening ID then click Search. The required material, as stated on the CUNYfirst vacancy notice, for the application package must be uploaded as ONE file in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The search will remain open until the position is filled. Resume review may begin on 2/8/18.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
Job Title: CUNY Administrative Assistant 1A - Brookdale Facilities Department (Provisional)
Job ID: 18011
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.