Administrative Coordinator (Two Positions)
Hunter College is seeking for two Administrative Coordinators for Student Affairs. One Administrative Coordinator will report to the Assistant Vice President for Student Experience and the other one will report to the Assistant Vice President for Student Success.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the Administrative Coordinators responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain efficient office procedures and methods.
- Create and provide organizational coordination and support for programs and projects managed by the Assistant Vice President including direct student support services as well as support for program and department operations
- Provide regular reports, conduct follow up with several parties to ensure completion of tasks and assignments as well as timeline and deadline adherence
- Administer Assistant Vice President's calendar; develops meeting agendas; schedules ongoing staff and department meetings; create and maintain all meeting minutes, summaries and files
- Support the work of standing Hunter College Committees and working groups and create and maintain tracking systems for students in areas including but not limited to student standing, discipline, and registration
- Maintain confidential multiple databases, records, files, and lists on students and personnel. Drafts letters and other correspondence on sensitive and confidential matters
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Excellent writing, editing, organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, EXCEL, competency with digital and/or web-based tools, analytical and statistical research and reporting
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks in a deadline driven environment with time constraints, spot issues/problems and identify potential solutions, uphold strict confidentiality, and easily develop and maintain collegial relationships in a complex college community
- Commitment to the values of public liberal arts education and appreciation for work in a diverse and fast paced work environment
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
($39,282-$45,957). Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefit. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin November 11, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator (VP for Student Affairs and Dean of Students, Division of Student Affairs) (Two Positions)
Job ID: 17445
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.