Retail & Dining Services Contracts Manager
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Division of Operations, Business & Auxiliary Services (BAS) unit, manages a diverse portfolio of essential services that support the needs of the GWU community. The BAS unit supports the institution's overall strategic mission and enhances the student experience by providing convenient, user-friendly, competitively priced, customer-service focused goods and services, i.e., Transportation & Parking, GWorld Card Program, GW Mail & Package Services, Campus Dining Programs, GW Campus Store, Snack & Beverage Vending Services, Student Laundry, and Shipping & Summer Storage The Retail and Dining Services Contracts Manager will provide oversight and management for campus retail leases and dining services. The Retail and Dining Services Contracts Manager position reports to the Executive Director, Business & Auxiliary Services. For more information about the Division of Operation, please go to our website: https://operations.gwu.edu/about-division-operations. More information about GWU Dining is located at this web address: https://dining.gwu.edu/where-eat
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manages existing campus retail leases and works to ensure vendors are in compliance with lease terms and university policies.
• Manages on-campus food services contracts. Evaluates vendor performance and compliance with contract provisions ensuring both vendor and University are meeting contract terms/conditions as well as customer, department, and University expectations.
• Negotiates extensions/renewals to existing leases/contracts and submits for university review/approval/signature as appropriate, ensuring all necessary support documentation is provided including the development of deal analytics / financial pro-forma
• Solicits feedback from users/customers and other interested parties (via formal and informal surveys, student leadership meetings, etc.) regarding existing contracted services and dining programs. Analyzes both quantitative and qualitative data and uses information to guide vendor actions/initiatives; as well as recommend, negotiate, and implement changes to contract terms/conditions as appropriate/necessary.
• Seeks opportunities for future initiatives, revenue development, and opportunities to enhance customer service. Reviews these opportunities applying sound financial management principles and practices and ensuring they fall within the desired direction and objectives/goals of the University. Provides management with financial analysis and arguments on such projects for its action/approval.
• Collects sales data/ financial statements from vendors on existing contracts. Analyzes the data, compiles/produces regular and ad hoc descriptive and financial reports for management justifying and/or providing explanations on variances from projections and/or on data as necessary/appropriate. Develops business reporting requirements and monitors compliance of contracts by reviewing activities with key departments and vendors /contractors, analyzing activities, assessing contract compliance and providing financial reporting on overall operations, including, but not limited to: revenue reports, operational audits and budget variance reporting.
• Develops and maintains operating procedures for area(s) of influence as necessary. Ensures that any change(s) to policy is/are disseminated to stakeholders.
• Oversees the process for RFPs and vendor selections at appropriate contract intervals. Hires and directs the activities of real estate brokers as appropriate.
• Engages in on-going dialog with vendors to ensure communication is always open to discuss/evaluate contracted service(s) and maintains good working relationships with vendors to help ensure that issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner. Ensures stakeholders are kept abreast of any/all developments.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Experience with real estate lease administration, retail leasing and managing service contracts - with a preference on dining services contracts to include a minimum of two years in a senior capacity developing and administering operating procedures; actively managing contracts and contracts compliance budget management and financial analysis.
Experience working within higher education is desired.
Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of students, staff, colleagues, as well as retail tenants and dining partners in a collegian environment.
Ability to exhibit excellent organizational skills managing multiple competing priorities within a fast paced and ever changing environment, often within tight deadlines.
Demonstrated success in solving problems, improving processes and using technology effectively to improve operations.
Direct hands-on experience and demonstrated success managing complex leases and contracts desired
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Operations Family Compliance Sub-Family Contract Management Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007084 Job Open Date: 03/21/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience working in Higher Education?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Briefly describe your experience with real estate lease administration or retail leasing. Additionally. please describe your experience managing service contracts.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your expected salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter