College of Liberal Arts and Sciences: Lecturer-School of Integrative Biology (F1800025)
School of Integrative Biology
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The School of Integrative Biology (SIB) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is searching for a Lecturer to work with a dynamic team of faculty in the Integrative Biology Honors (IBH) Program. This is a full time, non-tenure track position. Funding is available for up to three years. The Lecturer will teach in the 200-level SIB honors courses, coordinate admission to the SIB Honors program, advise the ~60 admitted students, assist students in obtaining undergraduate research experience and provide mentorship on career goals.
- Provide instruction in 200-level IB Honors courses (IB 270 "Evolution of Molecules and Cells", and IB 271 "Organismal Biology")
- Oversee the selection and recruitment of students for the Program
- Advise accepted students
- Mentor undergraduate research and career goals
- Maintain IBH student community relationships through social media
- A PhD degree in Biology or a related field
- Knowledge of Biology, Genetics, Animal Physiology, and Evolution
- At least one year's experience teaching an undergraduate course in molecular biology with lab (may include experience as a Teaching Assistant)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience in developing or revising lecture and/or lab courses (e.g. syllabi, lab experiments)
- Knowledge of curriculum development, management, and pedagogy
Salary and Appointment Information
This is a full-time, 12-month appointment, non-tenure track position, renewable for up to 3 years subject to enrollments, funding, and positive performance evaluations.
The expected start date is June 1, 2018 or negotiable after closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Application Procedures and Deadline Information
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at jobs.illinois.edu and upload all application materials [application letter, CV, up to three syllabi (no more than four pages in length that stress assignments, texts, grading policies, and schedules) and contact information (including email addresses) for three professional references] by April 11, 2018. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. The University conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. For further information contact Marty Forrest at email@example.com.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: LAS
Category: Faculty and Other Academic
Title: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences: Lecturer-School of Integrative Biology (F1800025)
Open Date: 03/21/2018
Organization Name: School of Integrative Biology