College of Education: Clinical Instructor - School & Community Experiences - Curriculum & Instructi
School and Community Experiences
The School and Community Experiences, in the College of Education, at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, seeks Clinical Instructors to serve as direct supervisors of teacher candidates during their field experiences. These positions will be between zero to 100% time, depending on the load. The Clinical Instructors are responsible for coordination of the overall supervision throughout the semester.
Clinical supervisors make classroom observations of the student teachers and offer support and guidance to the cooperating teachers. The supervisor is also the major communication link between the placement school and the College of Education. Supervisors will meet regularly with School and Community Experiences (SCE) staff and have frequent communications with the methods instructors.
Responsibilities of the Clinical Instructor:
- Serving as liaison among student teachers, cooperating teachers, course instructors, and SCE staff.
- Observing student teachers during the field experience. The clinical instructor will also conduct goal-setting, pre-observation, and reflective post-observation conferences. A minimum of formal observations will be made for each placement experience.
- Providing oral and written feedback to teacher candidates after each formal observation.
- Stimulating reflective thinking about teacher candidates' objectives, goals, strategies, and progress.
- Working collaboratively with cooperating teachers and SCE staff to enact established remediation processes for teacher candidates who need assistance in order to successfully complete program expectations.
- Coordinating the evaluation of teacher candidates with the cooperating teachers and the teacher candidate himself/herself
- Facilitating seminars for teacher candidates in select geographic areas, as requested
- Master's degree or higher in education; or extensive previous clinical supervision experience or specialized training in high-needs content areas
- Teacher licensure
- Minimum of three (3) years of classroom teaching; considerable classroom teaching experience preferred
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To ensure full consideration, please create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter that addresses your interest in supervising as a Clinical Instructor, area(s) of expertise, possible courses or content areas for which you are qualified, curriculum vita, and the name, address, and phone numbers of three references. To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be submitted by December 15, 2017 for spring 2018 semester and August 1, 2018 for the fall 2018 semester.
For further information regarding the position, you may contact Jay Mann at [email protected] .
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Education
Category: Faculty and Other Academic
Title: College of Education: Clinical Instructor - School & Community Experiences - Curriculum & Instruction (F1700171)
Open Date: 11/20/2017
Organization Name: Clinical Exper.