Vice President of Marketing and Communications
SUNY Delhi is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for an experienced and energetic professional to lead the newly formed Marketing and Communications Division. This individual should be accomplished in marketing and brand strategy, have experience managing multiple tasks and individuals, and demonstrate skill in integrating communications and creative direction. The Vice President for and Marketing & Communications serves as the chief public relations officer for SUNY Delhi and is responsible for developing and implementing an overarching plan for strategic communications, marketing, and public affairs that is innovative, progressive, and proactive in order to support and reflect the college's goals and objectives.
The Vice President of Marketing and Communications will develop and manage the implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan to support and drive the institution's goals. This individual must be able to work in a collaborative environment, working closely with the senior leadership team and other campus constituents in order to build consensus on strategy and execution of the plan. The Vice President will be a leader of vision and integrity; have experience as a change agent with demonstrated expertise and effectiveness; and will have the creativity and energy to advance SUNY Delhi across all dimensions. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of inspiring leadership, advancing creative and strategic thinking, collaboration, and marketing success across media platforms.
Overseeing the strategy for the College's marketing and communication efforts, the Vice President carries important institutional responsibilities including developing the SUNY Delhi brand; directing communication strategies; managing crisis communications; and leading marketing and advertising initiatives. This oversight also includes managing internal & external communications, the production of multimedia publications, and leading media relations outreach. The successful candidate must have comprehensive knowledge of the creative process and the skills necessary to effectively develop and lead a team of dedicated professionals.
SUNY Delhi prides itself on being a welcoming college community for all. Diversity, equity and inclusiveness are integral components of the highest quality academic programs and the strongest campus climate. The college seeks a wide range of applicants for its positions so that inclusive excellence will be affirmed.
Specifically, the Vice President of Marketing and Communications will:
- Report directly to the Campus president, preparing executive communications, including speeches, remarks, briefing and papers on current and potential issues in higher education. Work with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Participate on the Campus Senior Leadership Team and have policy-making authority.
- Develop, implement and direct implementation of a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy that aligns with image and branding concepts identified through a research project currently out for bid.
- Oversee the college's internal and external messaging, ensuring compelling and consistent messaging is applied across an appropriate mix of print publications, web and other electronic communications, public relations and advertising platforms. In addition, measure the impact of these integrated initiatives and refine as needed.
- Manage the college brand within all departments.
- Direct the college's media relations and emergency communications, both proactively and reactively.
- Work cross-functionally with all divisions and departments to promote events and programs.
- Collaborate with staff to ensure a dynamic, interactive and comprehensive web presence that meets the needs of multiple constituencies.
- Work closely with staff to encourage strategic use of social media.
- Assist the admissions office in the design and execution of a strategic enrollment marketing plan.
- Oversee the department's budget and monitor its implementation, including contracts for all vendors related to marketing and or communications projects, including graphic designers, photographers, videographers, web services, etc.
- Evaluate and manage direct-report staff in the areas of communications, marketing and the print shop.
- Master's Degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field
- Five years of progressively responsible leadership experience in marketing and communications
- Experience mentoring and supervising a team of marketing and communications professionals
- Demonstrated leadership in creating, implementing and evaluating a multi-year, institution-wide marketing and communications plan
- Extensive writing and editing experience with a variety of print and on-line communications
- Preference will be given to those with higher education experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with graphic design programs, editing software, digital platforms, and analytics is preferred
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to translate strategic thinking into action plans
- Ability to recognize and assess situations and events with news value and propose and implement the best strategies to response
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks, work independently and make decisions in an independent manner
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team environment and with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work nights and weekends when needed
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Salary: $110,000 - $125,000
- Salary Grade: MP-1
- Work Schedule: Travel and some evening & weekend work will be required
- This is a 12-month position; serves at the pleasure of the President
- Budget Title: Vice President
- Reason for vacancy: new position
- This position offers full New York State Management Confidential benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country with an excellent fringe benefits package
- Click here for more Information for Prospective Employees
- SUNY Delhi has a strong commitment to Affirmative Action and Cultural Diversity. The College welcomes responses from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
- SUNY Delhi is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
To Apply: https://www.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=94602
For full consideration please apply by April 20, 2018.
SUNY Delhi is an AA/EO Employer