Executive Assistant to the President
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position will provide confidential support to the President, oversight of ongoing projects central to the President’s agenda, and ensure seamless coordination of the President’s administrative endeavors as well as manage all elements of the day-to-day operations for the President’s Office.
• Manage all budgetary and financial planning of the Office of the President including receipt of and tracking of budgetary expenditures in compliance with all appropriate College policies and procedures; provide monthly status of budget to the President.
• Serve as a liaison between the President and members of the college community to include faculty, staff, students, alumni, civic and elected/appointed supporters of the college.
• Provide leadership for research, planning, and evaluation activities, including the President’s Office goals within the Strategic Plan.
• Facilitate the success of events hosted by the President’s Office by scheduling events with appropriate offices and agencies, advise/contact participants or invited guests, prepare agendas and programs, arrange for audiovisual and associated support equipment, use independent judgment regarding event alternatives, modifications, or last minute changes, and coordinate or provide support during the events.
• Manage communications, in coordination with the Office of Institutional Advancement, with internal and external stakeholders and interested parties to increase and maintain visibility of the College’s projects and programming.
• Coordinate communications and prepare speeches, presentations and special correspondence.
• Continuously improve campus efforts to increase diversity and inclusion in recruitment, hiring and decision-making for campus leadership, faculty and staff via the College’s Diversity and Inclusion Plan.
• Participate on College committees and other shared-governance activities.
• Consults with the Senior Assistant to the President on scheduling of activities for the President.
• Perform a variety of writing and presentation assignments, which may include announcements, reports, talking points, meeting agenda and materials, analyses and other written material. Generate, review, and revise materials, reports, and correspondence as necessary.
• Perform related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Experience working in positions demonstrating high-level administrative support skills, including the ability to take responsibility, display initiative, and make independent decisions.
• In-depth computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.); proficiency in the use of other office equipment and software.
• Excellent writing skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with personnel matters and sensitive information.
• Skills in the delegation of responsibility and authority.
• Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a bachelor’s degree.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for five years.
• Completion of a Master’s degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university and progressive administrative/secretarial experience in support of an executive-level administrator preferred.